I need a new oil change spot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I've been going to Kwik Kar in Yukon since like 2014. I was on a first name basis with everyone, including the owners, David, then Mark and Jamila.
Mark and Jamila just sold shop, and now it's a Take 5. Two of the oil guys and the head mechanic stuck around, with Joe (the ASE mechanic I trusted my life to) as general manager, but I was told he may not be THAT general manager.
But as Kwik Kar, I was welcome to be under the car with them, and see first hand any issues. I could come in and out of the pits as I pleased. They did brakes, engine and transmission swaps and flushes, AC, rotations, balances, the works.
Take 5 removed all that equipment and converted it to 4 more oil bays.
Now, I trust the guys still working there to do a stand-up job, but I need a new place to call home.
Somewhere that will consider me family.
I live in Mustang and the whole extended family all took all of our cars to KK.
The prices have also doubled with Take 5, with less than half the services done.
I know they didn't check my transfer or pumpkin fluids.
Any recommendations in the west or southwest side of the metro?

I know the pic is kind of hard to read but those prices don't include the $8/quart additional over 5 quarts.
I also didn't get my traditional full service with window wash and vacuum plus all the benefits of a true full service (which used to cost me $42 out the door).
A side note for the record, I've been underneath this truck with them for oil changes for 40,000 miles, and today, the first day with the new business, I all of a sudden have a rear main seal leak and a passenger valve cover leak, of which I couldn't witness because of the dozens of signs that say PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE. The one leak I knew about, the front left CV axle, wasn't mentioned.
Sad day...
20210715_122731.jpg

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am surprised they would let you under the car.. Insurance purposes usually forbid that.
I have no idea on an oil change place.
Sorry.
Could be time for you to do it yourself.
You know, if I knew I wouldn't fudge it up, I'd probably use my storm shelter for that

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I can't watch a mechanic or at least question him on what is wrong with my auto and what he's going to do I hesitate on letting them do the work. I take my car to the dealer and haven't had any problems. I also wait for their mailing of oil change coupons or ask them for one at the service desk when I bring the car in for the oil change.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Daughter does all the oil changes on our vehackles, under my supervision. Just want to put out there, its involuntary on her part. Make her rotate the tires too. I wished I had more kids to serve the State (Me)

That being said, If there was a place near me that did changes for $42, Id probably use them. My daughter is kinda slow and ALWAYS makes a mess of it

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the oil changed at a Jiffy lube once on my 2001 Jeep Cherokee. 3 hours later I had no oil pressure and no drain plug
A friend of my dad got his oil changed at a store with a name that rhymes with Mall Fart. He got about halfway home before the engine seized due to lack of oil pressure, mostly because there was an empty threaded hole in the bottom of the oil pan where all the oil had gone... I know he was fighting with them over it, as they tried to claim no responsibility for their screw-up, but I never heard how it came out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom