I need a new oil change spot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps your husband could change your oil?
Apparently we've never met. There aren't a whole lot of cars I can comfortably fit under.
On mine, it's a solid maybe that would definitely detract from the time I spend with my kids.
The other cars around here, not so much. Too complicated.
Plus, I've already spent too much time in my life with an armpit full of oil. It's easier to just pay a jockey.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The dealer charges around $15 for an oil change (labor only). I've been getting that price from a Subaru dealer and a Ford dealer. You probably aren't going to be out there in the bay with them though.

I also bought a set of tires from the Subaru place and they didn't jack up my wheels mounting them like EVERY tire shop I've ever used has ALWAYS done. :pissed: Oh they also price matched and had 2 years of road hazard and free rotations/balancing on every set they sold too. Was every bit as cheap as Discount Tire on price after adding the road hazard in. I think a lot of folks overlook using dealer service departments for basic maintenance items. I know I did...

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started changing the oil on the Hustler last night to find out I had an empty Wix oil filter box on the shelf. Ordered two filters from Amazon that should be here today.
Also had to scrape the compacted grass from under the deck. I don’t understand why the grass likes to stick so bad on this mower.
07A826F9-7B3E-4113-A27F-47B19AA6C0EB.jpeg

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Public service announcement. If you are changing your own oil on a vehicle with a sideways drain plug for the first time...take a second to double check your anticipated trajectory arc of used oil especially if said used oil is 5W30. A Southern engineering splash/deflection apparatus isn't a bad idea should you have a kinship with Brother Murphy. Just saying...

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about finding a new oil change place too. Speedy lube in claremore had a 8-10 year old child working there! I told them I don't feel comfortable letting him touch my vehicle. I'm sure he was hanging out with his mom, but a child that small doesn't need to be messing with customers vehicles. Plus there is a guy working there now that messed up my 99 crown Victoria when he worked at boomer auto. That's one place I won't go.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Daughter does all the oil changes on our vehackles, under my supervision. Just want to put out there, its involuntary on her part. Make her rotate the tires too. I wished I had more kids to serve the State (Me)

That being said, If there was a place near me that did changes for $42, Id probably use them. My daughter is kinda slow and ALWAYS makes a mess of it

Congrats on the daughter.

Just a thought -
If you're ok with $42 for a oil-change place, how about you pay the daughter?

You get the service you want, you still provide the education, and even teach the business side of the deal.
($42 for the service + X timeframe + cleanup = deal)
Lots of people don't know how to negotiate well. This could help your daughter learn.

I encourage my daughter to think about how to 'negotiate' deals, and also how to consider how to 'sell' her thoughts of what she wants.
(i.e. how to convince me to agree with her.)

This is a teachable moment.
...Not sure if you considered it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom