I need a place to deer hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys read about how my friend's libtard wife cancel cultured my Cimarron river ranch deer hunt. Totally wrecked my hunting plans. I was going to hunt archery Halloween weekend and be set up for gun opening day.
I have a daughter single mom with 3 kids I was hoping to fill her freezer and mine at the house with venison.
The only public land close to Stillwater is Kaw reservoir Corps of Engineers area. I have not had any scouting time available since the Covid almost killed me.
I thought about just pistol hunting very mobile opening day with my lawn chair and 45 Colt Ruger. Killed many deer with that method in Missouri when I lived there. But Covid really wasted my ability to hike, lungs and legs not up to going very far or packing out meat even though I have a nice butcher rig and pack for bone out and haul from elk hunting Colorado.
Open to suggestions or generous invites.
Responsible, life NRA and ethical hunter.
Willing to barter or pay fair trespass fee for access

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty open to going to a decent place, I am retired, have nice camp gear and a 4x4 GMC
You might give a look at Hulah north of Pawhuska. I haven't been there for about 4 years. So I recommend you contact the local Game Warden for advice. There are several parking and camping areas. There is a creek running N and S I would recommend hunting the west side of the creek.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might give a look at Hulah north of Pawhuska. I haven't been there for about 4 years. So I recommend you contact the local Game Warden for advice. There are several parking and camping areas. There is a creek running N and S I would recommend hunting the west side of the creek.
There is also rock creek which may be what you are talking about I think it’s listed under hulah

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hunt hulah every year for last 25-30 years too many people now can't even enjoy it anymore

Latest posts

Top Bottom