I need a TV Antennae installation service in or near Stillwater.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to locate a service/person who can provide TV antennae installation,,,
And TV set-up after the antennae installation.

I'm too old to be climbing around on tall ladders,,,
And I've not had a TV since the analog channels went away.

Anyone here do this or know of someone who does this?

Aarond

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you not use one of the inside ones that attach to your wall? I just put one (a flat fabric like one)on my tv and got 33 stations with 25 of them very clear. Setting it up was as simple as letting the tv search the signals. Goodbye Direct TV.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those flat “put ‘em behind the paintings” antennas are generally short-range antennas and a bit directional. I have one in south Tulsa and I can’t get any of channel 8’s channels, and my folks couldn’t get jack out of one SE of Lexington. I’ve had the best luck with those big ol’ Radio Shack outdoor antennas (even if they’re hung in the attic).

Can’t help with an installer in Stillwater, though.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made my own antenna and it's omnidirectional. I have 48 channels over the air in NW OKC.

home made antenna 1.jpg
home made antenna 2.jpg
home made antenna 3.jpg
home made antenna 4.jpg
home made antenna 5.jpg
home made antenna 6.jpg
home made antenna 7.jpg

I had a scrap Dish TV dish and tried it to help pull in the weak signals. I cannot tell the difference but it keeps me from gettin poked by the durn pokey parts.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you not use one of the inside ones that attach to your wall? I just put one (a flat fabric like one)on my tv and got 33 stations with 25 of them very clear. Setting it up was as simple as letting the tv search the signals. Goodbye Direct TV.
I saw some rated at 70 miles reception range, but I agree that you can't always get ideal reception. Oh, and don't cover it with a painting, you'll cut the reception.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two of these 150 mile antennas. One for the TV in the shop building and the other goes with us in the RV. When we reach a destination it gets zip tied on a 3/4” pvc pipe to the ladder on the back of the rig. Do a channel scan and your in business with HD tv. Even comes with a rotator built in and remote to tune in the antenna for best reception.

Vansky Outdoor 150 Mile Motorized 360 Degree Rotation OTA Amplified HD TV Antenna for 2 TVs UHF/VHF/1080P Channels Wireless Remote Control - 32.8' Coax Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071V7SV6P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_gCn9FbFZG2BEZ

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two of these 150 mile antennas. One for the TV in the shop building and the other goes with us in the RV. When we reach a destination it gets zip tied on a 3/4” pvc pipe to the ladder on the back of the rig. Do a channel scan and your in business with HD tv. Even comes with a rotator built in and remote to tune in the antenna for best reception.

Vansky Outdoor 150 Mile Motorized 360 Degree Rotation OTA Amplified HD TV Antenna for 2 TVs UHF/VHF/1080P Channels Wireless Remote Control - 32.8' Coax Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071V7SV6P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_gCn9FbFZG2BEZ
Nice price too. I always have to remember antennas are not a science, they are a theory. 1/4 wave 1/2 wave, full wave, impedance, aperture, dipole, polarization. gain, direction, radiation, bandwidth, etc.

I'll bet @SPDguns knows someone. PM him.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Indoor antennas are a no go for me,,,
I live in a mobile home.

I can't even get my cell phone to work inside,,,
I had to mount it in a window to get one bar.

Also, I live in Ripley,,,
That's way out in the boonies east of Stillwater.

Thanks for that link Dennis,,,
I'll probably order one of them,,,
Heck, for $40.00 it's not much of a risk.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom