I need to donate two truckloads of garage sale leftovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've reserved the books to go to our library's sale shelf, but the rest is baby clothes, teenage girls clothes, and toys.
I'm not going to the easiest place, Goodwill, for obvious reasons. Salvation army doesn't make it very easy to donate in bulk, and their mustang phone number is disconnected. A neighbor told me about the jesus house but I'm trying to stay on the west side and out of downtown.
I am more than willing to donate to a local church or non-profit or organization as long as it doesn't take me a ton of gas to get there. Trying to stick within 15 miles of Mustang.
If you know a place, please let me know. I'd like it gone before tomorrows weather arrives, because the threat of a $500 deductible for hail damage on car insurance is far more important to me than this stuff going to a good cause.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The Edmond Salvation Army is really easy to work with. It’s in an old Homeland building so the loading dock makes it really easy.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i know a good place that will give you a receipt for dollars value in order to use on taxes. but your gonna have to drive alot further

If the receipt is more important than the karma, I wouldn't think past the obvious reason not Goodwill and get that tax deduction.
I mistyped. I meant a deductible if there was hail damage to one of the cars because the garage was full of donatables. I don't itemize taxes and wouldn't want that kind of receipt. I see how the first unedited post sounded kinda crappy

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Goodwill is run by leftists, Salvation army isn't. When I found myself in the same situation years ago, a friend told me about a church that would come get it all so I went that route and they came to me. I don't remember the name of the church, but I bet you could call a few in your area and ask. Even if they took part of it, it could go directly to the people that need it most.

Latest posts

Top Bottom