I need to re-home a livestock guardian dog.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I thought about it, but I’m concerned about his inability to get along with their Aussie. I have several dogs here… including Aussies.
Yeah, I figure it's his house, so I'm giving him some grace and leeway. I think it's surprising he's not more defensive against her (the Aussie), given that she (and we) just moved in on him. It's not continuous, they generally have it out about once a day... No blood or injuries, just growling and posturing. No sign of aggression toward the kids. He's giving the armadillos heck, though. I've been impressed. I may be looking for another just like him, but younger, that can integrate into the family.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah, I figure it's his house, so I'm giving him some grace and leeway. I think it's surprising he's not more defensive against her (the Aussie), given that she (and we) just moved in on him. It's not continuous, they generally have it out about once a day... No blood or injuries, just growling and posturing. No sign of aggression toward the kids. He's giving the armadillos heck, though. I've been impressed. I may be looking for another just like him, but younger, that can integrate into the family.
He probably just needs a little more time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom