I Never Thought It would Happen In The U.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They all act like teenagers, one does or says something outlandish and the others try to outdo each other in their comments. It's called pandering for votes but I'm afraid they've alienated a lot of voters with all their foolish rhetoric.

I'm afraid they haven't alienated enough voters. :(

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of people, many here on this very forum, who feel this is appropriate - that tax-exempt status should not apply to religious organizations or pastors. So, they're going to see a lot of support around the country, especially when they're complaining about all of us who "don't pay our fair share" and need to be taxed higher to support the social welfare programs growing in popularity globally and here in the US.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of people, many here on this very forum, who feel this is appropriate - that tax-exempt status should not apply to religious organizations or pastors. So, they're going to see a lot of support around the country, especially when they're complaining about all of us who "don't pay our fair share" and need to be taxed higher to support the social welfare programs growing in popularity globally and here in the US.

I'll say it. I think their charitable work should be tax DEDUCTIBLE, but that would apply to EVERY organization and person, not just religious ones.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let the church buildings where people congregate stay exempt. Collections, benevolence barns and clothing/food distribution centers sure... but when the church owns and provides a pastor a multi-million dollar home exempt from property taxes, I have a problem with that. It's not a problem with religion, it's a problem with hypocrisy and tax fraud.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let the church buildings where people congregate stay exempt. Collections, benevolence barns and clothing/food distribution centers sure... but when the church owns and provides a pastor a multi-million dollar home exempt from property taxes, I have a problem with that. It's not a problem with religion, it's a problem with hypocrisy and tax fraud.
It's only fraud if it's illegal.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say it. I think their charitable work should be tax DEDUCTIBLE, but that would apply to EVERY organization and person, not just religious ones.
I say leave the churches alone, many are close to shutting down do to lack of attendance anyway. Mega churches should be taken into consideration for removal of tax exempt status because they prey on the poor. Our government can start by stopping the funding of CAIR, Palestinian government, BLM and other subversive groups funded by George Soros. Soros is funding over 87 organizations within this country that want to change our system-and he has funded a lot of Democrats as well as a few Republicans in Washington DC..
America Is Under Attack By George Soros Who Funds These ...
Antifa Calls Out George Soros for Late Payment - Truth And ...
List of Soros Politicians ‘Bought and Paid For’ Includes ...
If our
intuitive politicians really want to help this country they could do something about Soros but money is a great leverage when used on those capable of changing things. Personally, I think things have gone on too long to turn back at this point and it's only going to get worse with time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. but when the church owns and provides a pastor a multi-million dollar home exempt from property taxes, I have a problem with that.

I have a lot more respect for a pastor living in his van and putting on tent teachings in an empty lot, donating the proceeds to the poor, than I do someone living in opulence off the donations of their members.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Legal doesn't equal right.
True, and I admit that such things as you describe are, at the least, unseemly. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that what you can tax, you can control and /or destroy. Churches should be allowed to spread their message without interference from the government and that is the reason behind the tax status. For this reason, caution should be exercised concerning the taxing religious entities.

Latest posts

Top Bottom