I really like 1911's but.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Singer only built a handful of 1911's and were apparently the quality was exceptional so I can see where it would get that price tag

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Singer only built a handful of 1911's and were apparently the quality was exceptional so I can see where it would get that price tag

I supposedly fired one when I was in the service. At least the Petty Officer who issued it to me said it was the only Singer they had. Quality sucked. Might have just been worn out but seemed the whole thing rattled. I felt lucky to hit the target at all.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I supposedly fired one when I was in the service. At least the Petty Officer who issued it to me said it was the only Singer they had. Quality sucked. Might have just been worn out but seemed the whole thing rattled. I felt lucky to hit the target at all.
You wont find many service 1911's that havnt been abused. The one I was issued in the Army rattled more than a baby rattle but still shot well. I shot it better than the M9 when we transitioned anyway

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure this is well known. They were built loose like that, so they would still function with sand and gunk all in it.

Yes but when all you ever fired before then were single action revolvers, it is a shock and takes some getting use to. Probably why I still prefer revolvers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom