I Retract the do not do business thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hey man i had a trade just today that involved a very sudden and unexpected situation. (not like.....at the trade.....)

you never know, not saying i blame you, but crazy stuff happens.
Yeah, but you're good at communicating during a transaction so if something happens you'd immediately let the other party know.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ad says nothing about shipping. You didn't meet up with them for the purchase? It has his name and phone # at the bottom of the ad, I'm assuming you've tried calling?
The shipping was in private message. He quoted the price and I paid it.

Last edited:

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks man. I hope there is a good reason for his absence and he contacts you. I just hate to hear about someone that gets taken.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes he was paid for the shipping . He hasn't responded to my last request for an update, no tracking number
Has this entire transaction been done via PM? I only ask because there’s a phone number listed in the ad.

Like was said earlier, crap happens, and maybe he can’t respond.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has this entire transaction been done via PM? I only ask because there’s a phone number listed in the ad.

Like was said earlier, crap happens, and maybe he can’t respond.
Yes it was done by pm. I know there is a ph number. we had about 15 pm's untill it came time to ship it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it was done by pm. I know there is a ph number. we had about 15 pm's untill it came time to ship it.
I’ve had a similar incident on 24 hr Campfire but over a $2200 Blaser rifle, and I didn’t have a phone number (and he was in Maine). I ended up getting the gun eventually and didn’t trash his reputation on the message board. He’s tried to sell me a couple more guns since, and I told him flat out he sucked as a seller.

If you’re still just relying on PM and haven’t reached out via call or text, in my opinion, this is partly on you. Not every gets on to check PM’s regularly, but most everyone lives and dies by their cell phone. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom