i saw a new bronco on the road today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new regular Bronco isn't due out till this Fall. Maybe later if the chip problem persists.

The only thing that the Bronco and Bronco Sport share is the name.
The Bronco just got the “OK to sell” last week or the week before, and customers have just started getting them delivered within the last week or so. The chip problem hasn’t been affecting them so much, it has mostly been problems with suppliers; right now, it’s a problem with the vendor supplying the removable hard tops.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes you saw the Sport, I think there's been less than 10 customer Bronco orders actually built and delivered in the last week, about three times that many demos delivered to dealers. It has been an absolute train wreck of a release and launch of a vehicle folks have been waiting decades for now. The chip thing is a minor set back, it's the dang two door, four door and four door modular hard tops made (hardly being made actually) by Webasto Corp. They're notoriously mismanaged, poorly ran and a train wreck in itself. Folks could reserve a bronco starting at 8pm July 13th, orders could be place Jan 19, 2021. Can't remember the total number of reservations, but only 120000 placed an order, many folks have cancelled their order due to wait times, and terrible communication on Ford's part. Three emails in the last 3 months telling everyone to "keep waiting" lol. Lot's of folks really wanted the modular top, Ford said months ago that it wouldn't be available until 2022 model. So thousands of folks held their order over from a 21' to a 22' for the top. In the last email yesterday, Ford busted all those held order holder's balls by telling them the modular top won't be ready until 2023 now! So all those folks who had a 21' order, that moved it to a 22' so they could get what they want, will now be waiting until 23'.............and it can't be reversed, they can't go back and request a different top so they can still get a 21'.

Top that off, Ford says due to the lack of hard tops, soft top orders will take priority to fill both customer and DEALER orders. Which means they're not going to fill all reservation orders first like they promised. So there's going to be about 100k bronco "owners" with an order, who will see broncos sitting on the lots for sale up to a year before theirs is built lol.

Ford really messed this one up on this one. Order holder are in the dark, and about 90% of dealers are in the dark. The only way to get any answers about anything is by calling Ford Customer Service, they seem to know what's happening, not happening and can answer some questions. I was a first hour reservation holder, first day order but since I ordered a 2 door which only comes with a hard top, there's no telling when it will get built. Dealers are only allocated so many Broncos per year, and if they can't fill their allocations with customer orders to shortages, the dealers will fill those allocations with the Broncos that Ford can build. Lot's of pissed on Ford customers right now.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you saw the Sport, I think there's been less than 10 customer Bronco orders actually built and delivered in the last week, about three times that many demos delivered to dealers. It has been an absolute train wreck of a release and launch of a vehicle folks have been waiting decades for now. The chip thing is a minor set back, it's the dang two door, four door and four door modular hard tops made (hardly being made actually) by Webasto Corp. They're notoriously mismanaged, poorly ran and a train wreck in itself. Folks could reserve a bronco starting at 8pm July 13th, orders could be place Jan 19, 2021. Can't remember the total number of reservations, but only 120000 placed an order, many folks have cancelled their order due to wait times, and terrible communication on Ford's part. Three emails in the last 3 months telling everyone to "keep waiting" lol. Lot's of folks really wanted the modular top, Ford said months ago that it wouldn't be available until 2022 model. So thousands of folks held their order over from a 21' to a 22' for the top. In the last email yesterday, Ford busted all those held order holder's balls by telling them the modular top won't be ready until 2023 now! So all those folks who had a 21' order, that moved it to a 22' so they could get what they want, will now be waiting until 23'.............and it can't be reversed, they can't go back and request a different top so they can still get a 21'.

Top that off, Ford says due to the lack of hard tops, soft top orders will take priority to fill both customer and DEALER orders. Which means they're not going to fill all reservation orders first like they promised. So there's going to be about 100k bronco "owners" with an order, who will see broncos sitting on the lots for sale up to a year before theirs is built lol.

Ford really messed this one up on this one. Order holder are in the dark, and about 90% of dealers are in the dark. The only way to get any answers about anything is by calling Ford Customer Service, they seem to know what's happening, not happening and can answer some questions. I was a first hour reservation holder, first day order but since I ordered a 2 door which only comes with a hard top, there's no telling when it will get built. Dealers are only allocated so many Broncos per year, and if they can't fill their allocations with customer orders to shortages, the dealers will fill those allocations with the Broncos that Ford can build. Lot's of pissed on Ford customers right now.
Terry will be along to stand up for Ford.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad once bought a first year run of a new vehicle back in 1966 and I believe he paid $2500. I'd love to have it back but it was lost in a barn fire and it still makes me sad.

Are you curious about what it was? It was the first year run of the Ford Bronco.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My dad once bought a first year run of a new vehicle back in 1966 and I believe he paid $2500. I'd love to have it back but it was lost in a barn fire and it still makes me sad.

Are you curious about what it was? It was the first year run of the Ford Bronco.
Still a bunch out there, go buy another 66' :) What color was it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom