i sent this letter my sheriff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hahahahaha. You must’ve taken a wrong turn and got me mixed up with someone else. The time to stand for freedom is always and now is one of those times. I love the fact that call me a troll and lib, yet here you are wanting to restrict a RIGHT on a FIREARM forum. That’s genuinely hilarious and a riot.
No, I’m all for freedom… You mean to tell me, you are ok with all people carrying a firearm? Mentally ill, ex-cons, meth’d out druggies, people who have never held a firearm? Not me. As I said, I’d rather know that these people know something about what they have. You can disagree on a forum, you can state your opinion on a forum. You should not get a personal, downgrading attack for stating an opinion. That is the definition of an internet troll. What you just did was uncalled for, idiotic, and downright childish. It’s not just this attack, I’ve seen others and heard of other “Richard” moves going on lately on this forum too. I’m just shocked it came at a simple statement, to which most gun enthusiasts agree with…people who don’t know firearms, should learn before using one.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I’m all for freedom… You mean to tell me, you are ok with all people carrying a firearm? Mentally ill, ex-cons, meth’d out druggies, people who have never held a firearm? Not me. As I said, I’d rather know that these people know something about what they have. You can disagree on a forum, you can state your opinion on a forum. You should not get a personal, downgrading attack for stating an opinion. That is the definition of an internet troll. What you just did was uncalled for, idiotic, and downright childish. It’s not just this attack, I’ve seen others and heard of other “Richard” moves going on lately on this forum too. I’m just shocked it came at a simple statement, to which most gun enthusiasts agree with…people who don’t know firearms, should learn before using one.
If you could point out where I attacked you that would help me out. All I did was bring out DISCUSSION points and allegory about how I disagreed with you to help you see the point. But apparently I have micro-aggressed or you’re having a terrible night. Either way, my point isn’t to fight but just to give an alternative angle.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you could point out where I attacked you that would help me out. All I did was bring out DISCUSSION points and allegory about how I disagreed with you to help you see the point. But apparently I have micro-aggressed or you’re having a terrible night. Either way, my point isn’t to fight but just to give an alternative angle.
If you don’t think that was a personal attack, a derogatory, belittling comment, you’ve either not been on many forums, or you’ve made those type comments and people haven’t called you out for it. To respond to that by telling me I need to be locked up for an opinion, and comparing food with firearms, has no other reason but to start trouble. Then you cemented your stance on starting trouble, by making sure I knew you “for damned sure wasn’t kidding.”. If that behavior is ok by you, then you do you man, it’s not my style. I’m not on this forum to see how many people I’m different from, I can get that on FB.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one thing about the internet and typing things is that some things get lost in between. It gets me in trouble all the time. How about a few quotes from famous twitts like our fraudulent fake commander in chief, Come on maaaaan. Or like the riot idol of 1992 Rodney King, can’t we all get along? Or like my favorite from Ron Burgundy of the Anchorman, I agree to disagree.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....a simple statement, to which most gun enthusiasts agree with…people who don’t know firearms, should learn before using one.
I think you'd get a lot of agreement around here that people should learn about firearms before using them. I think where you lose a lot of us is suggesting that the government should be in charge of the training, or deciding who has been "trained enough".

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you'd get a lot of agreement around here that people should learn about firearms before using them. I think where you lose a lot of us is suggesting that the government should be in charge of the training, or deciding who has been "trained enough".
Oh no, not what I suggested at all…The only thing I suggested the government be in charge of, is the requirement of the license, as they did up to a couple years ago. The training for ccw comes from licensed trainers, other experienced gun owners. I said people should get the training to know what they’re doing with a firearm, I stand by that. If I’m alone in that, which is unbelievable, so be it, but it’s shocking to think that’s the case.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh no, not what I suggested at all…The only thing I suggested the government be in charge of, is the requirement of the license, as they did up to a couple years ago. The training for ccw comes from licensed trainers, other experienced gun owners. I said people should get the training to know what they’re doing with a firearm, I stand by that. If I’m alone in that, which is unbelievable, so be it, but it’s shocking to think that’s the case.
That's pretty much what a license is... permission from the government to do something. In the past, the government didn't DO the training, but they required it and defined it before they would issue the license.

You're obviously not alone in it, but you're probably in a minority on a gun forum at least as far as the government requiring it. I think almost, if not all of us would agree that training is an important part of ownership. As they said in my cc class years ago, "I'm absolutely in favor of training. Government regulated training, not so much." 🙂

Last edited:

Jimmy Smith Sr

Marksman
Reaction score
Speaking as a 44 1/2 year retired law enforcement officer, if you are carrying a weapon and decide to intervene with deadly force keep one thing in mind! When a law enforcement officer arrives on the scene he has no way in the fist 10 seconds he or she arrives on scene they are looking for a shooter. That also means they cannot tell the good guy from the bad guy. If you find yourself in this position when the threat is neutralized or you hear a sirens getting close, place your weapon on the ground take five steps backward get on your knees, put your hands in the air and as the approach start shouting “Blue, Blue” as pound as you can! This is what police officers do to let each other they are LE. Keep your hands in the air and comply with the officer’s commands!

Latest posts

Top Bottom