I shot a hog with the 50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL...learning hawgs is fun for sure.
I was a night hunter for years. If you need lights or experienced advice just lemme know. Congrats!!
The green light we put down in the woods on the south side seems to be working pretty good. My buddy shot a hog there with that light on this morning before sun up. I think he got it on amazon for about $150. I seen some smaller ones that you can get a pair of for about $55 on amazon. I may give those a try and stick them on the feeder out at my spot. Hopefully they will be bright enough to see to make the shot at about 90 yards.

Do you have some green solar lights or something like that you want to sell?

Last edited:

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out last night and and set up in the creek area, then a few minutes later the camera goes off and the hogs are at the other spot about 400 yards away. I made my way over there and was able to get a shot at one as it was starting to take off. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the shot on video because they were to dang close! lol

View attachment 231355

Shot a coyote up the arss with a 50 Alaskan from about 30 feet away not much left, just the hide and a couple legs still attached, the head was laying in a ditch about twenty feet from were I hit him and the rest sprayed up into the trees, my cats were climbing up there for a week trying to get at all little pieces of meat dangling from the limbs. Never had anymore trouble losing cat food to another one after that.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot a coyote up the arss with a 50 Alaskan from about 30 feet away not much left, just the hide and a couple legs still attached, the head was laying in a ditch about twenty feet from were I hit him and the rest sprayed up into the trees, my cats were climbing up there for a week trying to get at all little pieces of meat dangling from the limbs. Never had anymore trouble losing cat food to another one after that.
That woulda been a hell of a video! lol. I've been hoping to get a straight on head or Texas heart shot on a hog with the 50 to see what it would do.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That woulda been a hell of a video! lol. I've been hoping to get a straight on head or Texas heart shot on a hog with the 50 to see what it would do.
Load up a few them big 50's with Woodleigh 450 or 525g soft points, with the vel you'd get from these it would be like sticking a grenade up their "you know were"

VTDW1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The green light we put down in the woods on the south side seems to be working pretty good. My buddy shot a hog there with that light on this morning before sun up. I think he got it on amazon for about $150. I seen some smaller ones that you can get a pair of for about $55 on amazon. I may give those a try and stick them on the feeder out at my spot. Hopefully they will be bright enough to see to make the shot at about 90 yards.

Do you have some green solar lights or something like that you want to sell?
Sell...no. I would give you my lights etc...and tips and advice you probably do not want😉 I live in Edmond

Latest posts

Top Bottom