I stand with Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
d4cIoI4.jpeg

And their power grid that can't take the cold --- or the heat apparently.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ERCOT apparently sent out a note saying that their power little power grid was all stressed out and it'd really help if everyone turned their theromstat to the 80's.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand that no power grid is designed to handle the load of every single electric device on the grid at once, but why tell people to turn up their thermostat and not have them save in other ways? I know heating and cooling is about 50% of power use but that leaves a lot of leeway for priorities.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand that no power grid is designed to handle the load of every single electric device on the grid at once, but why tell people to turn up their thermostat and not have them save in other ways? I know heating and cooling is about 50% of power use but that leaves a lot of leeway for priorities.
Like washing and drying clothes and dishes at night while asleep.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in February they turned power to grandma off instead of industry. They could try that again I suppose. Maybe this time they do the opposite.

Just kidding, Texas wouldn't ever do that...some people just need to get wrecked.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like washing and drying clothes and dishes at night while asleep.
I’m amazed how much power my electronics draw when they’re off. None of them individually pull much standby power, but a couple of TVs and a PC and an XBox and all the other little appliances add up quickly.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone in this thread has zero clue about the power grid, nor how power plants are constructed nor the Texas issue this winter with temperatures that reached record lows in spite of liberal claims of global warming.
If that person wishes to step up, I’ll be more than happy to inform and instruct.
No charge BTW.

Latest posts

Top Bottom