I started to put this in the gearhead section but ......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
YOLO!!! hahahahaa... I like that attitude tho. Its only money. I'm kind of on the same mission- I plan to leave my kids infinite love and happiness when I'm gone, but sorry, daddy spent your inheritances on vacations, guitars, and his hotrods... oops.
Yeah, like my Dad used to say..."you never see an armored car following a hearse!"

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's one of mine. It may look rough, but it has new motor, trans, brakes, bearings, shocks.....all the "make it safe and reliable" stuff. The interior is re-done too. If my wife knew how much $$ I've put into "that old truck" I'd be living in it. I chose it because it was 100% complete and pretty solid. I dont have to chase parts, I get to enjoy it. People ask what color I'm going to paint it, but after a couple patch panels I'm calling it done. I like the patina.View attachment 101459
Hey, I think I have seen this truck running around Norman before. Either way, NICE. I need to get to know people like you. My poor 68 Mustang is really wishing I'd get myself in gear and get it running again. My wife is wishing that as well. :-)

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(sorry for the thread hijack) That was probably my rig running around Norman. I used to take to to the cars and coffee at Crest but I haven't in a while. There's a Tuesday cruise in at Boomerang Diner in Moore and I think there's a Thursday cruise in at Hollywood Corners in Norman. Dust of your Mustang and get it out there! :woohoo1:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(sorry for the thread hijack) That was probably my rig running around Norman. I used to take to to the cars and coffee at Crest but I haven't in a while. There's a Tuesday cruise in at Boomerang Diner in Moore and I think there's a Thursday cruise in at Hollywood Corners in Norman. Dust of your Mustang and get it out there! :woohoo1:
The dust isn't the problem. The 49 years of people messing with the wiring is the problem. Last time I drove it (about 5 years ago), I was about a block from home when sparks started shooting out from under the dash onto my leg. I promptly turned around and took my truck to work. I have a complete new wiring harness to install in it, just not the confidence (yet) to start ripping out wiring. :-)

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it were me...I'd buy the 2017 Challenger. Quick and fast are nice, but so is A/C, power windows and door locks and all the other modern amenities that come on new cars these days.

I cannot like this post enough!! Lol (Even though I'm still kinda tempted to rebuild one.) I'm starting to think the old man should find a solid one, let me help work on it and buy ME a nice, shiny Challenger. That octane red REALLY revs my engine! :hot:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a couple of Coffee and Cars events every month in the City area that I know of. One at Northpark Mall on the north side and the one in Norman.

There is also a MOPAR thing scheduled at Twin Peak on I-40 between McArthur and Rockwell on June 10.

Car guys are "almost" as cool as gun guys. :hey3:

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The dust isn't the problem. The 49 years of people messing with the wiring is the problem. Last time I drove it (about 5 years ago), I was about a block from home when sparks started shooting out from under the dash onto my leg. I promptly turned around and took my truck to work. I have a complete new wiring harness to install in it, just not the confidence (yet) to start ripping out wiring. :-)
Yep, that's spooky. On the bright side, you'll be a wiring expert when you're done.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a couple of Coffee and Cars events every month in the City area that I know of. One at Northpark Mall on the north side and the one in Norman.

There is also a MOPAR thing scheduled at Twin Peak on I-40 between McArthur and Rockwell on June 10.

Car guys are "almost" as cool as gun guys. :hey3:

I'll have to put that on my "go to" list. MOPARs are my favorites......Twin Peaks are also my favorites. :homer:

Latest posts

Top Bottom