I stood in line today...for the last time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the Yukon Wal-Mart at 6:00 am to try to maybe get some ammo this morning. It's been since around Christmas for me to buy any there. I have been lucky enough to get a couple boxes at H&H a few times. I saw the sign that says 3 box limit. That's fair, as far as I am concerned. So; I was the 2nd one there; a fat old guy was ahead of me crowing about how he comes real early every morning and buys all he can to stockpile/resell. I let it be known that I just want a box of .22 and a box of 9mm or .380 so I can go shoot. On and on he goes; slow burn starts...on and on he spouts about how he has so much ammo now. Anyway, at 7:00 am, after waiting an HOUR, the lady brings out 2, just 2 100-rd boxes of Remington .22lr and 3 or 4 100-rd boxes of Remington 9mm; no .380; and a few assorted boxes of rifle ammo. The fat slob took both boxes of .22 and 1 of the 9mm. My patience was getting worn thin and honestly, I am a little ashamed that it pissed me off so much; that I let it get to me. I was next; I bought 1 box of 9mm and walked to my car; thinking of how the sport and hobby I have enjoyed for 40 years has turned to absolute **** because of greedy hogs, to a large degree, who have made it so hard for some of us to enjoy shooting. It's not really my Government that has me so pissed off; I don't believe for one minute that anyone from my Government will ever knock on my door to "take my guns away." (That's just ludicrous to me; you can feel however you want to, obviously). Who/what is preventing me from being able to go shoot my handguns at the range for recreation is my fellow "shooters", to a very large degree. If you are an ammo hog like that old fat boar at Wal-Mart this morning, or are somehow contributing to the mess we are in by greedily hoarding or buying up ammo in order to gouge your fellow shooters, and keep the supply low and struggling to catch up, then please, I want you to know that I think you are as vile as the slime on a reptile's belly. I am going to go shoot what I have left and if by chance I can buy more without having to be in line at 6:00 am like some peasant waiting for his daily ration of meager bread, then I will continue to enjoy the sport. If this is the end of my regularly enjoyed shooting because of ammo hogs, then I will only keep what's in my mags now. Maybe when Wal-Mart runs dry, the porker will come to my house to take that from me. Here piggy-piggy.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, whom is to blame for you not having ammo?

Me, Wal-Mart, Pigs or you?

I keep trying to teach my 5 year old that no one can control what he does, only him.

Edit to add:
And it does suck. Please make sure to stock up when the heightened demand wains.

Last edited:

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucks man, sorry for your frustration. I know most all of us feel it too. It seems like getting your hands on some ammo of any caliber takes a combo of luck timing or knowing the right person lately.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bought exactly 3 100 round boxes of CCI reduced velocity ammo since this crap started.
Mostly because I got lucky and stumbled into WM as they were unloading it.
I have given away about 4 or 5 bulk packs of Federal 22lr over the past few months to folks whose kids got presents and had no ammo.
My backup stash is now at a point I'm wondering if I can allow my G'kids to shoot like they have in the past.
Hopefully by fall things will settele down.....

This kind of sums it up for me: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?172204-The-Bullet-Bubble

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have bought exactly 3 100 round boxes of CCI reduced velocity ammo since this crap started.
Mostly because I got lucky and stumbled into WM as they were unloading it.
I have given away about 4 or 5 bulk packs of Federal 22lr over the past few months to folks whose kids got presents and had no ammo.
My backup stash is now at a point I'm wondering if I can allow my G'kids to shoot like they have in the past.
Hopefully by fall things will settele down.....

This kind of sums it up for me: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?172204-The-Bullet-Bubble

yep, I did the whole buy a box every time I went grocery shopping, so my stash is pretty well stocked, but I haven't gone shooting since before the election. Really sucks i'm well stocked on ammo but can't afford to replace it.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should have followed the hog to the parking lot and snatched his Walmart sacks out of his hand and ran away he sounds too slow to try and follow. LOL!
Invest in reloading supplies and let the hogs wallow in their **** at wally world every morning

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom