I stood in line today...for the last time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, I was going to list the 22lr I bought in the classifieds... but since you called me fat ill just sit on it.

i252.photobucket.com_albums_hh9_MISSINGEAGLE_fonzie_2.jpg

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you look around on some of the facebook groups, you can usually grab 22lr for $30-40/brick. It's not cheap, but I would rather pay it than waste my time at the freakshow the locals call "walmart".

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For more than a few Wannenmacher shows, I'd buy a case of .22lr and just stash it. This ammo drought has had zero effect on me because of it.

I don't believe in waiting for the snow to fall to buy a shovel.

I shoot about 1000-1500 rounds of 22lr a month. The run on ammo started in mid-December, meaning that I have used up in the area of 4000 rounds. That's a big chuck of my stash. But, I've been lucky getting some more. Now, if you shoot any, you have depleted your supply to some degree. So, it has had some effect (of course if you don't shoot the run would not have any effect regardless) on your stash. How long can you continue to shoot your normal amount before the run does effect you?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot about 1000-1500 rounds of 22lr a month. The run on ammo started in mid-December, meaning that I have used up in the area of 4000 rounds. That's a big chuck of my stash. But, I've been lucky getting some more. Now, if you shoot any, you have depleted your supply to some degree. So, it has had some effect (of course if you don't shoot the run would not have any effect regardless) on your stash. How long can you continue to shoot your normal amount before the run does effect you?

This is about where I'm at too. I had a modest amount of the .22 stuff my pistols like best - point now is you can't replenish much because of scum sucking vulture ammo hogs.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've not seen any ammo at the Yukon Walmart since the Newtown incident, but have seen the same group of guys there every Friday morning that I've been there, always waiting. There's even mention of the same guys going there every morning for weeks and weeks in THIS thread here on the forum.

I have wondered if they are just there to to flip it and gouge everyone else too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom