I stood in line today...for the last time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do what you gotta do when times get tough. If the shooting sports are so important to you get up earlier and make it happen. There's a limited supply of ammo right now. The guys buying it to resale just have more motivation than the guys showing up later and getting nothing. I'm tired of hearing how virtuous you are for wanting to shoot the ammo you would buy if you could find any. How about saying good job to the guy who gets up 2 hours early and waits in line to make a few bucks. I think it's virtuous for that guy who is maybe trying to put food on the table, and hustling ammo right now can do that for him. Likely this trend won't last and you can go back to having ammo on demand at Walmart for a good price. If shooting is your passion, but you can't take the time go buy ammo for a decent price, and you won't pay the price for the stuff selling at market rate, then you won't be shooting much for a while. That's the boat I'm in. I don't shoot much now. I also don't ***** about it.

Nut up or shut up.

Onslow

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You do what you gotta do when times get tough. If the shooting sports are so important to you get up earlier and make it happen. There's a limited supply of ammo right now. The guys buying it to resale just have more motivation than the guys showing up later and getting nothing. I'm tired of hearing how virtuous you are for wanting to shoot the ammo you would buy if you could find any. How about saying good job to the guy who gets up 2 hours early and waits in line to make a few bucks. I think it's virtuous for that guy who is maybe trying to put food on the table, and hustling ammo right now can do that for him. Likely this trend won't last and you can go back to having ammo on demand at Walmart for a good price. If shooting is your passion, but you can't take the time go buy ammo for a decent price, and you won't pay the price for the stuff selling at market rate, then you won't be shooting much for a while. That's the boat I'm in. I don't shoot much now. I also don't ***** about it.

Nut up or shut up.

BAM!! Nice!

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, one thing that could be done is to wait until things are close to normal, like when you go to Walmart and 22 ammo is on the shelf every time. Then buy double what you will use in five years. When the craziness comes again sell off half at crazy double or triple what you could buy it for. Then you are shooting for free. Or you could save the money for after the crazy stops and buy more.

If you did that you would not stand in line and you could hustle some extra $$$$$. Buying a lot in advance is investing in the future as prices will never go down. You can always sell or trade extra ammo away. I see a lot of people here trying to trade one hard to get ammo for another hard to get ammo.

When we get past this we will all be smarter about ammo buying.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Nut up or shut up.

I have plenty of nuts and can say my mind if I like; and so can you. Insulting each other is getting us nowhere, I think the mods should close this thread before more stupid things get said or people get mad.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread needs a new title. I read that title and I think, dang he has said this is his last time and he keeps doing it. It has been weeks and this thread keeps saying "last time".

You read it wrong. I have not been back in line since I posted this. Nor will I. This needs to be dropped; nothing's constructive coming of this anymore.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do get up early, I'm at work by 6:30am........lot of good that does me if I want a shot at something that's gonna arrive on the morning truck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom