I think I’m going to buy a Tesla

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twitter is a company. This is not a free speech issue. If they (or any other company) wish to control what is communicated, it's their right.

Why continue to use FB, Twitter, etc...I don't know.
I agree on freedoms for corporations, but it's become the de-facto "public square" , thanks in large part to lazy journalism that just reports 'omg Bob Smith on Twitter said that Biden ate chocolate ice cream!" and that was all the proof they needed to report it as fact.
I say the media made this bed, let's free it and make them sleep in it.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neighbors have a white car, weird seeing it plugged in the wall.
Almost certain, it reminds me of when I was growing up as a kid that I had to plug in my power wheels 4x4 truck when I was done playing with it so it'd be ready for the next day after school.

Those were the days I tell you.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would consider an electric car if it could be recharged to a full charge in 15 minutes. Looked into them, like the idea of instant torque. Did not like the idea of 25 minutes to an 70 to 80% charge then 2 hours for the balance. Also having to replace the batteries every five years for a cost of 17K plus not appealing. If I did have one it would need to be a 3rd car, since my wife and I have used our cars both for long trips, but again the batteries would die. ICE engines are the cheaper alternative even at $5 per gallon.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my take on EV's . If you think you are helping the environment guess again. They claim most of the batteries are made in China. There are 200 coal fired power plant being built in China today. Those plants most likely won't have pollution controls on them that would even come close to the ones in the US. So, if the world goes EV crazy think of the pollution that will be created by China trying to meet the battery demands. I think the real reason Biden's buddies are pushing the EV's so much is Biden kissing China's ass and more money for the big guy.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have a flat tire, you have it towed it to a dealership to get it fixed or new tire
Cold weather sucks the battery, Hot weather suck the battery, highway driving sucks the battery, hill suck the battery.
Each time you charge it reduces battery life and range

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy a Tesla, then your every move is tracked. The car remotely talks to Tesla when it identifies issues. Former boss had one, Testa Corp called informing him his A/C compressor was failing, they scheduled a service call. Mechanic fixed the car in the parking lot.
My F-250 talks to Ford as well. I get emails when my tire pressure is low. That's the future, like it or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom