I think I’m going to buy a Tesla

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would buy an electric vehicle just for the cool factor.. Period.

And the more I look at the F150's a FRUNK sounds pretty cool.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like Joe Rogan, make sure you listen to his two pod casts with Musk as the guest. Some of my favorite JRE podcasts.
Joe Rogan has some interesting talk shows but what I don't like about Rogan is that he moved from California to Texas to cut his tax bill by millions, his spotify contract censors what he can say and on top of that he supported Berny Sanders,

IMO Rogan should be forced to stay in California and reap the rewards of voting for those who want to destroy America

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually a great point, Nichola Tesla pioneered wireless electricity! Electric trains, planes and automobiles would have been all possible. However would it have been able to provide all the electricity all would require? Wardenclyffe Tower - Wikipedia
Looks like something was covered up there, but we will likely never know what?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would buy an electric vehicle just for the cool factor.. Period.

And the more I look at the F150's a FRUNK sounds pretty cool.
Actually with a 600 mile range and a 6 year warranty would consider (accept the confiscatory 100K price for the extended range). The Rivian's are pretty kewl as well, again though way too pricey, at that cost I would have to keep the vehicle a long time to make it worth it. I am not anti-electric vehicle, I think though there are problems now and in the future that people are not seeing when they become much more popular. As for the environment, I think the "green" aspect is not truly being looked at too. Lithium mining is very hard on the environment. Ironically oil is needed to make quite a bit of them too, especially with all the plastics that are used.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually with a 600 mile range and a 6 year warranty would consider (accept the confiscatory 100K price for the extended range). The Rivian's are pretty kewl as well, again though way too pricey, at that cost I would have to keep the vehicle a long time to make it worth it. I am not anti-electric vehicle, I think though there are problems now and in the future that people are not seeing when they become much more popular. As for the environment, I think the "green" aspect is not truly being looked at too. Lithium mining is very hard on the environment. Ironically oil is needed to make quite a bit of them too, especially with all the plastics that are used.
All the things you said, as well as the big question, HOW DO WE GENERATE ALL THAT ELECTRICITY? I'm not at all sure solor, water turbine, and wind energy will ever provide enough to meet all our electricity needs, let alone the needs of all electric vehicles, including transport trucks? If that requires coal, natural gas, as well as nuclear power plants, would the environment be any better off? That is likely where this is going, and the new Tesla, beating a Dodge Hellcat in two drag races, in a row, you-tube video, impressed me!

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Rivians are awesome! I would absolutely go that route if I was seriously shopping for an EV. The hold back right now is the pissing match for charging locations between them and Tesla. Once that gets sorted out, I will seriously consider it.

I have found when I have a racecar, I HATE doing maintenance on my beater. I spend so much time going through stuff on the fun car that it kills any desire to do anything with the commuter vehicle. An EV for a daily would be a good way to avoid that.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seen several old Geezers driving Teslas today. Don't know if there's a convention or what.
Suggestion: You see one of these old guys in your neighborhood, figure out his name and where he lives.
Watch the Obits and then watch for the estate sale.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1649586525376.png

Love him or hate him, he trolls the left pretty good....

Latest posts

Top Bottom