I think I might as well be looking for Sasquatch (28 Nosler)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmith1279

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently purchased a 28 Nosler. Did a good amount of research into the round, the ballistics, loads, accuracy etc. In fact when I bought it at the beginning of Aug the dealer I purchased it from even offered up a box of ammo for it. Unfortunately I was a cheap bastard and passed on it. Now I cant find anything! Brass.....Factory Ammo..... Nothing.... Online.... In stores..... Nothing.

Anyone know of a place where I can find it? I think I might as well be looking for Sasquatch or Nessy!

Nosler said that they are releasing brass at the end of the month.... They didn't say of what year!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not enough difference imo between the .28N and the 7mm Ultra to justify the expense that comes with everything involved with the Nolser rifle, ammo, brass, etc. A deer is definitely not going to notice the difference. :) I do like like everything about the .28N though, except for the expense.

dsmith1279

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback. Able's only had the 195gr in stock. Berger's optimal twist for that bullet is 1:8. I have a 1:9. Any experience with how critical a 1:8 vs 1:9 twist rate delta would be on bullet accuracy? Guess I could always do the crazy thing and reach out to Berger for their guidance.

I have reached out to Bertram Brass and their sales team said brass will be available in 2-4 weeks. That's cutting it a bit close for my First Rifle CO Elk hunt.... :yikes2:

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once contacted berger concerning their 195gr to try in my 7wsm with it's 1:8.7 twist barrel. They said it would marginally stabilize the 195. I didn't try it due to cost of the bullets and I didn't think I could get the speed to take advantage of the higher BC. You can check stability of the bullet here, http://www.bergerbullets.com/twist-rate-calculator/ You need to have at least 1.5 or above.

If you're at 5000 ft. elevation or above you should be fine. I'm unsure of what type mv you would get with this load.

Last edited:

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently purchased a 28 Nosler. Did a good amount of research into the round, the ballistics, loads, accuracy etc. In fact when I bought it at the beginning of Aug the dealer I purchased it from even offered up a box of ammo for it. Unfortunately I was a cheap bastard and passed on it. Now I cant find anything! Brass.....Factory Ammo..... Nothing.... Online.... In stores..... Nothing.

Anyone know of a place where I can find it? I think I might as well be looking for Sasquatch or Nessy!

Nosler said that they are releasing brass at the end of the month.... They didn't say of what year!

If you're still looking for brass here is some.

https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/wts-unicorn-brass-28nosler.6911145/

dsmith1279

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! I actually found some from Gunwerks. They had a batch of once fired that they sold for $1.35 a case. Smoking deal and they provided fantastic reloading guidance to boot! Hope to be able to give them more business soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom