I took a 7 year old hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a 7 year old hunting and we managed to see 18 deer. 15 doe and 3 bucks. I don't know how since his excitement would spill out of the blind, hand jesters and pointing. He could spot the deer with ease and did not try to go to sleep even though we got in the blind early. He spotted a nice 8pt just 20 yards from the blind. He had his first experience using a pee jug. That was funny! Hunting with him was a lots of fun and I will be taking him again. It was an awesome morning!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you! The first time I took my son hunting, I about never got him shoved up into the tree with all the bulky clothing he had on (it was COLD!) I don't remember how many deer we watched come out of the far timber and cross the wheat field until they were right underneath us. He was like, 'so what's the big deal??? This is so easy!!!' He might have forgotten, but I never will! I need to ask him.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sons youngest was about a week old when she first went. dad ended up parking his car in the field he was watching, and she never even woke up when he shot his deer

Latest posts

Top Bottom