I want to share with ya’ll what I deal with in the OK Panhandle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
You sure those weren’t the M&P .22 rifles?

if I ever saw a $400 AR in there I would have bought all he had.
Pretty sure. It was all beat and scratched to hell. Looked like an M4 collapsible stock, short M4 handguard, 18 inch? barrel. Can't remember if there were two or three. I just looked at one of them. It looked like someone threw it in the tractor not the truck. Standard 5.56. No frills AR. I could be misremembering I guess.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
2023 UPDATE:

The store is closing.
He finally decided to retire and is having a “Big sale” “everything marked down!”. This started on March 20th.

I went today and was browsing… His inventory has certainly gone somewhere but I’m pretty certain it is older gentlemen that don’t know how to use a computer to check actual prices on things and are buying at his asking prices.

You guys will love this one… he had a Hi-Point C9 on the shelf. It was marked down to a sale price of… $300!

Heritage Rough Riders were $250-$300.

His Glocks finally reached a respectable price compared to Woodward or H&H… they were $550, They might have been used though…

Ammo was 30% off but after tax it is still cheaper to shop online.

Magpul PMAGS were $19 a piece.

I’d be here all day naming everything that wasn’t actually a good sale price.

I hate to dog on local shops but my god.. the prices were high before the retirement sale and they still seem to be almost the same cost as they were before!!

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to my LGS today to see what the damage looks like there. Just glancing at prices. You guys downstate don’t know how good you have it sometimes haha.

$68 plus tax for 50 rounds 9mm Winchester White Box

$58 for 50 rounds of .45ACP. Didn’t pay attention to the brand. Wasn’t Winchester or anything like that.

$128 if I recall correctly for a bulk pack of Wolf .22lr.

I think I saw $30 for a 20 round box of Winchester .223 too. It might have actually been $35.

after I saw that I quit looking at ammo.

of course the normal prices for Glocks up here at that shop are in the $650-$700 range all day long.
If you ever come through Kingfisher I will hook you up with .22, 9mm and .45

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand the hate for Dong's. I've done business there many times without any difficulty.

They’re rude.
Their store is crap.
They’re rude.
Their pricing is “arbitrary”.
They’re rude.

Let’s just say that unless they were giving me a gun for free… I’m not going there.

I once was asked to show cash in order to see a rifle behind the counter. Said I was using a card, guy said I couldn’t see it.

During the 2013 crunch a buddy from out of town wanted a case of 5.56. We went out there, they had it marked something like $599. High, but available. He was willing to pay it and took it to the counter to pay. They quoted him $900 something. He asked how much tax was and was told not to be a smartass. They raised the price $200+ at the register. He pointed out the sign and brought it to them. They said that was “yesterday’s price” and if he wanted it, he’d have to pay the higher price. You can imagine what he told them.

Who does this and runs a business this way?!?

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't bother going more for me. been shopping there 40+ years never had a problem. they do get some clowns for workers but they don't stay long! almost always find what i need.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to my LGS today to see what the damage looks like there. Just glancing at prices. You guys downstate don’t know how good you have it sometimes haha.

$68 plus tax for 50 rounds 9mm Winchester White Box

$58 for 50 rounds of .45ACP. Didn’t pay attention to the brand. Wasn’t Winchester or anything like that.

$128 if I recall correctly for a bulk pack of Wolf .22lr.

I think I saw $30 for a 20 round box of Winchester .223 too. It might have actually been $35.

after I saw that I quit looking at ammo.

of course the normal prices for Glocks up here at that shop are in the $650-$700 range all day long.
Thems is fightin' prices

Latest posts

Top Bottom