I want to start reloading.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to buy from the guys in Moore. I would pay a little more to support some Okies. I'll be shooting a lot out of a Glock. I know that lead is a no no but what about lead bullets plated with something?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to buy from the guys in Moore. I would pay a little more to support some Okies. I'll be shooting a lot out of a Glock. I know that lead is a no no but what about lead bullets plated with something?

There are several companies that supply coated bullets. I'm thinking its a moly coat, but don't know for sure.

I use BBI, Black Bullets International. They have a very good reputation with competition shooters.

Bayou bullets have a great reputation.

Berry's bullets are flash coated with some copper and run well too.

Lots of options out there.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got in a Lyman 49th reloading manual today. Between that and a couple members on here helping me out I may actually be able to do this without blowing myself up lol

I'm blown away (horrible pun) by the guys on here who have sent me messages. I'm new to the whole gun community and general. Thanks for making me feel welcome and helping me out!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got in a Lyman 49th reloading manual today. Between that and a couple members on here helping me out I may actually be able to do this without blowing myself up lol

I'm blown away (horrible pun) by the guys on here who have sent me messages. I'm new to the whole gun community and general. Thanks for making me feel welcome and helping me out!

That's part of being in a community of like minded folks. :D

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
get what you want at the start... I have a Hornady LnL turret Press... and a Hornady single stage LnL with RGB de-mill pocket prime setup... I can move dies around without much fuss this way...

okdkranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess I will weigh in with a recommendation I never see. Buy a quality bound log book like a 1 inch thick cloth bound one. Keep track of you loads and results in it and leave lots of space or additional comments for each load/caliber. Oh, and be sure to date the entries including the year. This is not only a great way to keep your loads but can be fun to review decades later. Don't bother to ask how I know.
There are lots of places that will recommend the organization of the data and such but your comments are important and be sure to include the specific gun data for max ( or over max loads).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I will weigh in with a recommendation I never see. Buy a quality bound log book like a 1 inch thick cloth bound one. Keep track of you loads and results in it and leave lots of space or additional comments for each load/caliber. Oh, and be sure to date the entries including the year. This is not only a great way to keep your loads but can be fun to review decades later. Don't bother to ask how I know.
There are lots of places that will recommend the organization of the data and such but your comments are important and be sure to include the specific gun data for max ( or over max loads).

^^^^^^Good advice^^^^^^^^

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for grain weight step ups when looking for a accuracy node in .223? Not trying to highjack the thread, but thought it might be relevant to the OP. .1 grain steps for pistols, but that seems too small for a rifle. I'm sure several people here will benefit from the input.

Reloading Rod

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually like to have 6 or 7 test rounds for a rifle, so what I do is take the top load subtract the starting load and divide by 7 if are higher than .5 then I will do the testing at .5 increments, if you have a 3 grain spread from top to bottom I divide by 7 and can make 7 loads at .4 increments.

Latest posts

Top Bottom