I was hoping to go check cameras and fill feeders tomorrow. Instead, I'll be pulling them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew it had to end at some point. For the last 3 years I have hunted the same property outside of Seiling at no cost. I got word today that the owner is looking to sell the property and has asked that my equipment be removed. So instead of filling the bed of the truck with corn tomorrow. I'll be hooking up a trailer to go load up all my equipment.
hat over heart sad-heartbroken.gif

SimsonSuhl7x65R

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
As someone who has had to deal with them daily for over a year, I do not disagree.

I really like when they act like they do not understand you, until they decide they do and its very clear they have understood you from the start.

Pot farms are not helping the state at all IMO.
I agree completely. Absolutely infuriating. They’ve ruined the real estate market as well.

The saddest thing about the whole deal is that we wouldn’t have this problem if people wouldn’t sell them property in the first place but what can you do when people refuse to stand on principle and all they think about is the money?

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree on the pot thing. When I still wore the deputy uniform I couldn't start a new set without finding a new grow going up.

I'd love to buy this property. 160 acres that is split 1/3 north and 2/3 south of the N Canadian River. Deer, Turkey and Pigs and just a few miles outside of Seiling. Had I not changed agencies this year, the conversation of purchasing this land could have honestly happened. Unfortunately I'm a couple of step raises away from where I was in December.

My son killed his first deer on this property 2 years ago. I'll forever be thankful for that memory. I'll work on finding another place for next season.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reason why is because OK has the cheapest land in the Midwest by a long shot.
Got this chart in my latest farm and ranch scene magagazine.

View attachment 300997

That and the least expensive and regulated way to get a license to grow pot.

I have heard thats changing now or in the process of changing.

Let me put it this way earlier this year, Oklahoma had almost 9,000 pot farms, California had 3500.

These growers started coming in from around the nation, both east and west coast. Not only Asian but also eastern European.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree completely. Absolutely infuriating. They’ve ruined the real estate market as well.

The saddest thing about the whole deal is that we wouldn’t have this problem if people wouldn’t sell them property in the first place but what can you do when people refuse to stand on principle and all they think about is the money?

Money talks, I know a lot of folks who sold their soul so to speak when double and triple the value of their land was offered in all cash.

I mean on one hand I get it, but then they ended up paying more to replace what they sold off.

I was priced out of the market when all this started. Yes I could make more for the sale of my place, but I could not replace it, and when I found something I liked it was gone in hours and for more than asking.

SimsonSuhl7x65R

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Money talks, I know a lot of folks who sold their soul so to speak when double and triple the value of their land was offered in all cash.

I mean on one hand I get it, but then they ended up paying more to replace what they sold off.

I was priced out of the market when all this started. Yes I could make more for the sale of my place, but I could not replace it, and when I found something I liked it was gone in hours and for more than asking.
I understand the temptation too. Who wouldn’t want to make double, triple or more per acre what they would have 5 years ago?

They have indeed sold their souls. I have no respect or use for any of them. They are taking what they or their family worked hard for and they are pissing (pardon my French) on it by selling it to a bunch of foreign (or otherwise) drug dealers.

We’ve been priced out of the market as well. They’ve inflated prices so bad I just don’t understand how people can afford it responsibly. People have got to just be living paycheck to paycheck and not saving anything.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need to outlaw or at the very least limit non-citizens from buying property in this country. They aren’t US citizens and have no business buying real estate here. Only US citizens should be alllowed to own US soil.
Good plan!
Politicians never leave a backdoor for themselves, Paul (I need more booze) Pelosi, or their largest donors

Latest posts

Top Bottom