I was hoping to go check cameras and fill feeders tomorrow. Instead, I'll be pulling them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Any realtor who has gotten in bed with the Chinese and others are unscrupulous and just as corrupted as the people selling the land to them. All of them are collaborating with the enemy.
Is this really a realtor issue or a lawyer issue (or both)? From what I have heard, it’s lawyers partnering up with the chinese to buy the land the land for them. I’m sure it’s much more complicated than that, but that’s what I heard.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not on board with calling realtors bottom feeders.
They are doing a job like anyone else.
Buddy's mom is a multimillion dollar realtor and has never sponsored a sale that wasn't legal and above board in town.
A lot of folks don't have the knowledge to wrangle their way through the property buying process so a realtor is their only option.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's an issue I have with property. It shouldn't be so complicated. You should be able to buy a property without having to jump through hoops. You don't need a middle man when you go to the store. And I'm not a fan of realtors out here. When I bought my place, the deal was done and the papers were signed. I was in my car and the realtor came running out and said sign this paper you forgot and handed my one dollar bill. Turns out I had just sold the mineral rights and had no idea what had just happened.
Some of the issues is that the property owners are so convoluted that it's almost impossible to get the transaction completed.
When families own land, multiple properties, or even a single home, it's almost impossible to get a clear title.
When the land has changed hands multiple times and there are children involved, some want to sell and some don't so what does the landowner do?
They form a trust that designates what they want the land to be used for and who it goes to.
In the Trust, anything can be specified but most are just to maintain the land as farming or so on.
Even if it's an irrevocable trust, it eventually expires so three generations down the road the people owning the land can do whatever they want without even knowing the person that gave them the land.
There has been some government action in relationship to this issue. Native Americans (which I hate that term as I was born here too)
have recognized the convolutions of land ownership in say Osage County, which is totally owned by the Osage tribe. The largest county in Ok.
As tribal members acquired land and they died leaving it to their heirs, some properties have a dozen or more heirs.
The realtors work their way though that mess for the owner/seller.
Yes, you can do it for yourself but some folks don't know how.

SimsonSuhl7x65R

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Is this really a realtor issue or a lawyer issue (or both)? From what I have heard, it’s lawyers partnering up with the chinese to buy the land the land for them. I’m sure it’s much more complicated than that, but that’s what I heard.
I would say the problem lies with both parties in that case as it’s obvious what is going on.

Most instances I have personal knowledge of there were no lawyers involved but I can definitely see that occurring.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As someone who has had to deal with them daily for over a year, I do not disagree.

I really like when they act like they do not understand you, until they decide they do and its very clear they have understood you from the start.

Pot farms are not helping the state at all IMO.
Agreed. We screwed up legalizing dope.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the original poster:
I have two places, one West of Guthrie one East, family owns the west, the East is the better spot for hunting but it was just a handshake deal between me and a friend. He loved fishing my pond at the West place and he never hunted. He passed away from pancreatic cancer a little over a year ago and I have no idea when his wife is gonna tell me that she is selling it. My younger brother was saving to buy it and had enough set-back that we could have afforded it together, but he drowned in Panama City Beach this summer in July so I am in total limbo on that place. Just know that you aren't the only one dealing with this kind of issue. Having a place to go or not go is the number #1 issue for hunters in Oklahoma, even with all the public ground acres available, who wants to do that when you have had a good private land place to go? I don't and I assume that most people don't. Sorry you lost your ground and hunting spot, that sucks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom