I wish we would deregulate balisongs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the law only affected double edge balisongs and the single edge ones were OK.
Thats why they started making them.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a collection of ballisongs. some cheap some not so cheap. i cant really think of a legitimate use for them tho. They dont hold an edge like my other knives do, they are to thick. plus i would hate to try and sharpen some of my nice ones, they are too pretty to take a grinder to them.

SoonerBJJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the law only affected double edge balisongs and the single edge ones were OK.

This is my understanding as well. The DE falls under the "dagger" classification and is thus verboten. I don't read any restriction on SE balisong in the letter of the law. What am I missing?

victor152

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Alot is in the interpretation of the SDA. No one wants to be the test case that goes to court to get it rewritten. Trying to get the politicians to do it is tough because most of them probably think the law is good as it is.

It bugs me that I can carry one or more loaded pistols but can't carry a assisted opening knife. And if I get caught doing it, I get penalized more than someone that does not have a CCW.

Last edited:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have never seen or heard,from the many LE's I know,of anyone being charged for a knife violation EXCEPT as an extra charge on a bigger one,i.e. armed robery,burglary etc.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never seen or heard,from the many LE's I know,of anyone being charged for a knife violation EXCEPT as an extra charge on a bigger one,i.e. armed robery,burglary etc.

While I think this is probably generally the case, I would hate to catch a cop on a bad day or be profiled for being out at midnight or something else stupid that made him decide I needed to be taught a lesson.

Latest posts

Top Bottom