I wonder if I can get a job at KFOR.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can spell electricity and some other words too. If spelling and grammar are not your strong suit and your occupation is in news reporting, then at least turn on your spell checker and grammar checker. By the way, the "electric" has been restored in Edmond.

UPDATE Edmond: More than 5,000 residents power has been restored

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KFOR is great for local news, but the opinionated reports are just too much sometimes, particularly when Stitt is involved. There's definitely a producer with a grudge against that man.
Channel 5 is good for weather, but they lean left pretty hard and like to cover "ethnic news" pretty often. (i.e. Alma May has been living off Reno since 1920. Her and her 15 siblings, 32 kids, and 17 chickens run Alma May's Bookstore For Underprivileged Non-White Folk and boy is it doing well this year with over 15 books sold this week! Come on down and buy a book today! (and the story takes up 8-10 minutes of the newscast))

Channel 9 is good for Lacey Swope and Bobbie something or other at 4, but not really anything else. The news reports aren't great and the weather's hit or miss even with Payne's "million watts of power radar! The only one in the nation!", then there's the Go Around You news they were stuck on for all of 2021. Still haven't forgiven them for all the eye bleach I had to use. Almost mortgaged the house to pay for it.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i miss Ross Dixon. I remember when Gary England first showed up??? wow. one of my favorites was Danny Williams show,Danny's Day. also the TV went blank at 10 oclock PM with a quote---- "its 10 oclock, do you know where your children are?". and the tv programming had blank spots during the day. all of this was before the internet was invented by Al Gore by the way. the moon shot was pretty interesting to watch on tv and the coverage of the vietnam war.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They need spelling help in New Mexico, where somewhere an “R” has escaped and is running around on the loose.

1669327450070.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They need spelling help in New Mexico, where somewhere an “R” has escaped and is running around on the loose.

View attachment 322467

That's where that came from....

...let me explain.

When I was stationed in CA back in the '60's it was interesting to see that there was a naval base at Vallejo, CA called Mare Island. (Incidentally, around that time someone at Mare Island managed to sink a submarine at dockside.) Vallejo is pronounced "val-ay-ho."

Anyway, the joke was someone traveling through the area saw the name of the town and said, "Oh look...there is "valley-jo." That is the first town I've been able to pronounce since "alb-a-kiki."

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's where that came from....

...let me explain.

When I was stationed in CA back in the '60's it was interesting to see that there was a naval base at Vallejo, CA called Mare Island. (Incidentally, around that time someone at Mare Island managed to sink a submarine at dockside.) Vallejo is pronounced "val-ay-ho."

Anyway, the joke was someone traveling through the area saw the name of the town and said, "Oh look...there is "valley-jo." That is the first town I've been able to pronounce since "alb-a-kiki."

A husband a wife were driving through Louisiana.​

renderTimingPixel.png

As they approached Natchitoches, they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town. They argued back and forth, then they stopped for lunch. At the counter, the husband asked the blonde waitress, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are very slowly?"

She leaned over the counter and said, "Burrr-gerrr Kiiing."

Latest posts

Top Bottom