I wonder if I can get a job at KFOR.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

A husband a wife were driving through Louisiana.​

renderTimingPixel.png

As they approached Natchitoches, they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town. They argued back and forth, then they stopped for lunch. At the counter, the husband asked the blonde waitress, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are very slowly?"

She leaned over the counter and said, "Burrr-gerrr Kiiing."
There was a Born Loser cartoon back in the late ‘80s where the main character asks the boss if the capital of California is pronounced La Hoya or La Jolla, to which the boss responds “Sacramento.“ This prompts the reply, “boy, it sure isn’t spelled like it sounds.”

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've noted even on Fox News at times, local TV etc that they misspell words that are easy to spell. I used to pride myself on my spelling, penmanship and ability to write well but I'm getting "up there" and don't do a lot of things well anymore.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've noted even on Fox News at times, local TV etc that they misspell words that are easy to spell. I used to pride myself on my spelling, penmanship and ability to write well but I'm getting "up there" and don't do a lot of things well anymore.

Two things here...

...autocorrect is the devil...

...and, sometimes my fingers get to typing faster than my brain and letters from the next word end up in the presently typed word.

At least, that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
seems like all the weather is now so sensationalized or tilted towards climate change i really don't pay much attention to it anymore.
The Weather Channel app is all about climate warming and doomsday predictions.
I’ve eliminated it from my weather apps.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked at the weather Sunday evening to see what Thanksgiving week looked like . It had mid week with temperatures of 79-81 , I looked again Monday and the temperatures were 28-30 degrees cooler.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Weather Channel app is all about climate warming and doomsday predictions.
I’ve eliminated it from my weather apps.

Maybe not the Weather Channel, but there are others out there predicting the end of the world because the Euphrates River is drying up.

Thus, no need to worry about climate change for me. (Not that I ever did worry about it.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom