Ice Storm! (?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are a little too early in the season for freezing rain but... BRING IT! ICEPOCALYPSE!!! I mean who doesn't like being without power for 5+ days! Its like camping in your own house!
My generator came on three times so far today. Son-in-law is from Canaduh and in three different Ice storms he's had three wrecks. He explained, they don't get ice just 20 feet of snow.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ... Today is shot ... Lol I JUST got my power back on. No complaints really, except for the adventure that was keeping 50 2-day old quail from getting too cold. Btw, a ziplock bag full of hot water and a shipping box (like the one they ship chicks in) sitting on top of it works pretty good. Everybody ran and climbed in the feeder when I dumped them back into the brooder. I actually needed to run errands this morning but THAT ship sailed PDQ. I don't do getting out in the cold for any other reason than making sure all the critters have what they need.

I've heard tree limbs snapping around the neighborhood and a few gennys running. I didn't bother. This insert in the fireplace has made me insanely lazy. Lol

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, muh oak tree is coated in ice and starting to lose some big limbs. This is still October! C’mon, this ain’t supposed to be happening!
IMG_4239.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can remember in 92 when we got a ice storm over thanksgiving weekend and hadnt had a frost yet and all the trees still had their leaves, monday morning started a month long cleanup of tree limbs, in 20 days we chipped 286 loads of chips in a 16'x8'x8' truck bed, the limbs was just windrowed along the curbs and the only breaks was at crossroads and driveways. Had 10 guys behind the truck just walking down the streets loading the chipper as the truck crawled down the street with one guy riding on the running board guiding it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at my recently purchased $10,000 crack house doing sheetrock work and the lights went out I heard a crack at the same time. The power lines were pulled from the weather head and hit the ground.
Weather head is still solid attached and about 18" of all 3 legs are sticking out of it. Winner!

Decided to go home and seems Mother nature was topping the silver maple trees in the back yard.
I Like that... take all the limbs off of those.
001.JPG

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that didn't last long. Power's back out. Dammit. My little guys are all huddled up in a tub next to the fire. I can't tell if they are cold or they think it's bedtime cuz it's dark. Truth be told might be a little of both. I may be starting over this time next week. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom