Ice Storm! (?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I was at my recently purchased $10,000 crack house doing sheetrock work and the lights went out I heard a crack at the same time. The power lines were pulled from the weather head and hit the ground.
Weather head is still solid attached and about 18" of all 3 legs are sticking out of it. Winner!

Decided to go home and seems Mother nature was topping the silver maple trees in the back yard.
I Like that... take all the limbs off of those.
View attachment 178342
Just got back from a trip to Walgreens then a drive around the neighborhood. Looks like silver maples are getting hit hard. My lacebark elm is bent over pretty good but holding up. Could a person spray the tree down long enough to melt the ice? It would still have a little water on it but not the buildup. Just a thought.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Power out at my place around Harrah. Fireplace is making it toasty in the living/dining room and kitchen. I already claimed dibs on the couch cause looks like I'll have 5 of the grandkids tonight.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something different to obsess over.....it may happen....or not

One strange human behavior I've noticed is people speeding up because when they think the roads are starting to ice.

Would be nice if folks would just find that happy medium and drive. Don't freak out and slow down . . . and don't be an idiot and speed up.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Freezing rain and sleet pretty much all day in Norman and according to the local news a few minutes ago another big wave is expected to move in early a.m. tomorrow and last most if not all of the day.

Some fairly good sized limbs down on the block and my pickup is frozen solid (probably gonna be a chore after this passes to get the doors open and get the heater / defroster turned on)......luckily no loss of power so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom