Ice Storm! (?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20201026_172452.jpg
My 2 year old maple. Not sure its gonna make it through the night

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 178360 My 2 year old maple. Not sure its gonna make it through the night
Go out and beat the ice off it with a broom stick. Tiny tree like that can be saved.
Sister in OKC has a huge tree down in her yard but power is still on.
Nothing much going on in Ponca. Light ice load on the trees. Some sagging a bit but nothing like some of the pics on here.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whew. Power went BACK OFF and is NOW finally back on again. But who knows for how long ... Quail babies are in a tub next to the insert. I'm afraid to put them back out in the brooder in case the power goes off again tonight.

Little tiny lady down at the end of the block had her pecan tree break in half and rip out her weatherhead and leave hot lines on the ground. I went down to make sure she was okay and no fire. Fire department came and helped her out.

Next door neighbor with the oak tree -- the one we had the tiff over because I hired a company to come trim the branches off at the fence line because it would drop branches and take out our power every winter -- is gonna have a REAL problem if there is any more weight put on those branches and/or the wind starts blowing. Oh well ...

One half the block has power. The other half does not. It's been an interesting day for October, that's for sure. I don't usually worry about this kind of stuff until January. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom