identical twins get 5 ancestry dna tests.....don't waste your money.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not

Not necessarily. There are markers you may know for a fact you have and want to know if you passed on to your children. Good or bad.
Yes...in this particular instance I was told they are specifically doing the DNA tests for the purpose of tracing their ancestry

They are BIG into ancestry/genealogy.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the AncrestryDNA test about 6-7 years ago and they have changed the results twice since then,I'm talking major changes. I'm no longer a Jewish Viking. I've come to the conclusion it's a waste of time.
Man, you can't sit anywhere on the bus.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was gonna do this and backed out because I didn’t trust them. Glad I didn’t waste my money. Past is the past anyway. All my ancestors are dead. These are some fine looking gals though!!

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomas...jF3dFPky33z1-h7lb-V1mLDdSp2mu_8U#e2bfe5c5871a

Ancestry has revealed it is fighting the U.S. government over an order to hand over DNA data. This is only the second-known case in which the leading family history company has been served with a warrant demanding genetic information on its users.

In a transparency report released last week, the genealogy website revealed that because of “jurisdictional” issues, it decided not to comply with the single request for DNA data it received in 2019. It shows how, whilst a privacy hot potato, genetic data from such companies isn’t as crucial to law enforcement as many had predicted it would become. Not yet, anyway.

Previously, Ancestry.com rivals have been told to hand over data to law enforcement.

GEDmatch was raided for data on a number of occasions, according to various media reports. In one case, the company handed over information that helped the police track down the so-called Golden State Killer, Joseph James DeAngelo, in 2018. Late last year, the New York Times reported on a claim from a Florida-based police officer that they’d also managed to acquire a warrant to search GEDmatch’s database.

Today In: Innovation

Outside of DNA data, Ancestry said it received nine valid law enforcement requests for user information, providing customer details in six. Just one related to DNA, the other eight regarded credit card misuse, fraud and identity theft.

“Ancestry received one request seeking access to Ancestry’s DNA database through a search warrant. Ancestry challenged the warrant on jurisdictional grounds and did not provide any customer data in response,” the company wrote.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I can. They just updated to show less than 1% Cameroon, Congo and Southern Bantu Peoples. Previous results said less than 1% Senegal. I'm related to the Black Panther, at least until they do another update.
The black panther huh? Is that the new contestant in The Masked Singer?

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I think these places are just there to mine your data down to your DNA. Before long they will be taken over by a company who will just sell it all to the gov and then anyone who put it in is really screwed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom