Idiot at Thunderbird on jet ski

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took the wife there yesterday to test out the boat and tune the timing and carbs and trim.
And test the oild chevy with 3.00 gears.
I was fishing from my pontoon and ran 7 jug lines.
I then dropped some bait over on my fishing poles and began drifting.
I watch these 2 idiots in a jet ski circling and pouncing on my jugs with their jet ski's.
I reel in and head over to them..I told the old gray bearded guy that was very disrespectful of the jug fisherman.
He said hell there was no harm just circling it..I said NO you ran it over multiple times I watched you do it and he said ain't hurting anything.
I said how about we call the ranger and ask him what he thinks..Then profanities were exchanged.
ETC ETC wife stops me..Guy does not want to fight I suppose because he jetted off.
Coward!
He did not come back though and he had a younger person with him on another jet ski..great example idiot.

I have a feeling this kind of person leaves a bunch of trash after he leaves the lake.
Profiling I suppose.
I have my small styrofaom jug with slices out of it and grey paint off the keel of his jet ski.

I hope you are not a member here.
I wish I had a cell phone for times like this.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no idea why I bother fishing there.
It is close I suppose.
Night time is good but day fishing results in only a couple fish.
If I drive farther east to Webbers Falls / Gore Oklahoma and fish for only a couple hours like I fish all day at local lakes I will limit out and then some.
Longer drive but no BS from idiots on the water.. people on that water are on it to fish.
The wife and I did eat a tasty Blue cat I caught yesterday.
Boat runs well.
Raising the engine 2.25" helped some.
Converter in the car slips too much I will pull it out and try a different one that is very tight.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems to be the norm for jet ski owners. Always getting too close and no respect for anyone else on the lake. Thunderbird is awful during the summer. If I'm going to fish there, I go early and am done before those people arrive.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to be the norm for jet ski owners. Always getting too close and no respect for anyone else on the lake. Thunderbird is awful during the summer. If I'm going to fish there, I go early and am done before those people arrive.

When we owned a boat, I saw just as many idiots running boats lol.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never fished Arbuckle lake.
Do you need a permit? or other fees to put the boat on it or fish or park there.
Or are you guys talking about another lake in the area??

Latest posts

Top Bottom