IDPA at Okc gun club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be interested in shooting IDPA the 3rd Sunday of the month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mike my number is still the same but here it it just in case you need it.

330-8268 home
615-1434 cell

hope to hear from you soon buddy same goes to anyone that needs an update on the IDPA thing

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At last nights board meeting I received approval for starting an IDPA chapter at the gun club with one caveat. The board members wanted to make sure that I was not going to go this road alone. I have decided that before I commit to this task, I will be seeking a volunteer to be a co chair of the newly formed IDPA division. This person must be a Oklahoma City Gun Club member in good standing, must be willing to attend the IDPA training class conducted on March 8 at Oil Capital with Jack Ostedorf and be willing to share the responsibilities of helping run the match as far as match director when needed and also help with the coordination of build up and tear down of the range after the matches. I also confirmed with the other two users of the range Cowboy Action and the USPSA folks that the only day available to conduct the match would be the 3rd Sunday of the month and two months out of the year the range would not be available due to prior commitments with the Cowboy action shooters. Due to additional training of Safety Officers and training for Oklahoma City Gun Club range officials with practice matches, the actual matches would not start until May. I will also be posting the announcement on the Boomer Shooters website and the OKC Gun Club Primer. Anyone interested in becoming a Safety Officer or the Co Chair please contact me off list at [email protected]. Thanks so much in advance. Mark Thomas

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm planning on trying IDPA as my first competition; my everyday carry gun is a Glock 30 with a Trijicon RMR redot sight; will I be allowed to shoot in IDPA matches with this gun and sight? In the IDPA rules it looks like there's a "Not For Competition" division for allowed for Tier 1 matches; will that allow me to shoot in this match?

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking to get into competitive shooting this spring/summer so count me in also. Ill keep an eye on the OKCGC calender.

While I live in Enid I am more than willing to help in any way I can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom