IDPA at USSA 1/11/14

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today at 10:35 AM

First Jay and I want to wish a Happy and a Healthy 2014 to you and yours! Unless Mother Nature pulls a fast one we will be having our match this Saturday at USSA. Sign in between 9-10 and then hopefully you can keep your New Year’s resolution to “Shoot more IDPA” alive and well!

And the typical notices apply: The match will consist of 6 stages and we recommend you bring 150 rounds just in case. We will be setting up Friday afternoon from 3:00 until dark, so if you can help we always appreciate extra hands!

Changes at USSA – There has been a change of ownership made at USSA, but as of this message that change has made no impacts to the IDPA program at USSA. And if it does I will let you know. Also to let you know one of the longer term employees you may have known out there, Andrew Biby, who worked behind the desk in the pro shop and who also was one of the FFLs at USSA has relocated to Wyoming as his wife who works with TSA had a job transfer opportunity so they took it. Join me in wishing them all the best, and who knows it may be warmer there then it is here?

Lastly Jack Ostendorf will be holding a Safety Officer (SO) certification and training session on Saturday 8 February at Oil Capital rod & Gun Club. Contact him at [email protected] if you are interested in supporting IDPA as an official SO. Not all of the previous SOs elected to retain their SO certification when IDPA changed to the new rule book on 1 October 2013 so the sport here in our area sure use the additional SOs!

And a reminder that if you need to shoot in a Classifier, let me know. We typically conduct those after the monthly matches and if you need one I’d like to know in advance please!

Peter Navesky

USSA IDPA Co-Chair

Club C0530

202-341-0537 (Cell)

[email protected]

I'm posting Pete's email as usual, but the forecast doesn't look promising too me. So watch here for a possible cancelation later in the week if we have to.

Jay

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are having the match, it just may be a little late starting. Sorry about all the posts and editings , I'm still learning the limitations of my phone and it's apps. here's Pete's email. Jay.

Jan 9 at 7:20 PM

Folks – as Mother Nature is calling for rain for part, if not all, of the daylight hours on Friday Jay and I do not expect to be able to get the match set up completely on Friday afternoon. However we will be there Friday afternoon around 3:00 p.m. to see what we can do, if anything. Worst case we will be setting the match up at or just after 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning. As we never know how many helping hands we may have we are going to delay the normal start up time by 1 hour to give us 1-2 hours to set the stages up and hang targets. Sign-in will be delayed to 9:30 -10:30 and we will try to start shooting at 10:30-ish a.m. Call me at 202-341-0537 (My work BlackBerry cell phone number) if you want to check before you come out. Saturday weather is supposed to be clear and heading into the low 50s so it should be good if not cool shooting weather. Dress warm though as it will be damp which will make it feel cooler. I know the delayed start time will impact your grazing for lunch so I recommend you bring something to nosh on?

If we do get the match setup Friday I will send an “UPDATE 2” e-mail out tomorrow evening.

6 stages and the match stages have a total of 70 round minimum round count, but we always recommend your bring 150 rounds just in case.

We did have one request for a Classifier which we will do after the match. We may be able to sneak it in in the morning prior to the match, but plan on after. A reminder that if you need to shoot in a Classifier, let me know. We typically conduct those after the monthly matches and if you need one I’d like to know in advance please!

Peter Navesky

USSA IDPA Co-Chair

Club C0530

202-341-0537 (Cell)

[email protected]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom