IDPA at USSA 9/14/13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Peter Navesky

ToPeter Navesky
CCJack Ostendorf

Folks – We will be having our normal 2nd Saturday of the month IDPA match as USSA even though set up for the National IDPA match next week will be going on. We will be hosting a match consisting of 6 “Standards” type stages so plenty of opportunity to practice freestyle, strong/dominate hand and weak/support hand shooting along with plenty of magazine changes along the way. Total round count is around 100 rounds, but as usual we always recommend you bring 150 rounds just in case!

Normal sign in time from 9-10 and start shooting by 10. And you have noticed that the weather has turned back to “Oklahoma” recently! While USSA will have water on the stages, I strongly recommend you bring at least one bottle of water to get you started!

A few other things:

1. The new rule book takes effect 1 October 2013. I strongly recommend you go to www.idpa.com and download the pdf version of the new rulebook (dated June 2013) and read through it. For our October 12th match we will have the IDPA Classifier as 3 parts of the 6 math stages. We will also spend some time prior to the match going over the most significant rule changes just so you are aware of what they are.

2. Don’t let the new rule book “scare” you. Every game has its own set of rules and IDPA is no different. And yes, I’ll admit I don’t like some of the new rules, but they are what they are! Please remember that Darrell, Don and I are going to make our matches at USSA as much fun as they can be! IDPA is a fun and great shooting sport to participate in regardless of what we think of the rules!

3. Jack Ostendorf will be hosting an SO training and certification course session the first weekend in November. This will be held at Oil Capitol Rod & Gun Club at 305th E Ave and 101st St S. Jack’s e-mail is [email protected] . PLEASE e-mail him if you desire to take this session. We can always use as many SOs as we can to help spread the wealth of the IDPA sport.

4. Jerry Biggs is also an Oklahoma Safety Officer Instructor and he will likely look to hold a Safety Officer training session, likely at USSA in the near future, but a date and time are still TBD.

5. The National IDPA Championship match will be held at USSA from Thursday September 19 thru Saturday September 21. If you have not entered this match, then come on out and watch! You’ll have the opportunity to see US and foreign IDPA shooters compete. And if you’d like to assist with set up, then Sunday and Monday, 15 & 16 September are the primary indentured servant days! SOs and staff will shoot the match Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday if you want to come watch us.

6. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST – If you have an ATV or golf cart that you would not mind parting with for a week, the IDPA National Match staff can use 1 or 2 additional units and IDPA HQ has indicated they will pay $100 for the use of the vehicles for the week and also ensure they are full of gas when they are done. If you are able to support this need, then please contact me.

Thank you! And hope to see you this Saturday!

Peter Navesky

USSA IDPA Co-Chair

Club C0530

202-341-0537 (Cell)

[email protected]

As usual I'm just posting Pete's email up. sorry I missed last month.
Jay

Latest posts

Top Bottom