IDPA at USSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will have our regular monthly match this coming saturday. Jerry and Curt are going to be in Florida at the Florida State match and also looking at the facilities and surrounding area. Pete is going to be running scores for us again and Darrell, Darrell and I will be running the match. I currently have 7 stages set aside of which i will pick 6. Round count will be around 80 to 85. I have a stage from last years Carolina Cup and a stage that was designed by bill Wilson many years ago. hope to see you all there.

Last edited:

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never attended a match and would like to observe one with the idea of participating in the future. How do I accomplish this on Saturday?

Watching a match is always welcome as long as you have eye and ear protection. However we all highly recommend that you bring your pistol and a few mags and shoot with us. You can shoot as slow or as fast as you want. Everyone will be very helpful and encouraging to you as a first time shooter. Seriously dont wait another month to shoot your first match do it this weekend.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never attended a match and would like to observe one with the idea of participating in the future. How do I accomplish this on Saturday?

The recommended way to do this is to show up with your gun, holster, a couple of extra mags and 100-150 rounds of ammo. Pay the entry fee (which at USSA is $0 for first time IDPA shooters). Once they know you're a new shooter, they'll let you watch everyone else in your squad shoot, while you ask questions. Then you get to shoot after seeing how it's done! :D

Really, we recommend just jumping in with both feet. The Safety Officers will not let you get in over your head.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We should have a very good turn out for this. I have already spoke to 2 shooters from Colorado who are passing through and will be stopping to shoot our match.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking of trying this event but I only have 2 mags for my SW M&P Pro 40 cal.

Is there a place in town that would have some on the shelf?

Or can I get by until I can order some of them at a better price?

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking of trying this event but I only have 2 mags for my SW M&P Pro 40 cal.

Is there a place in town that would have some on the shelf?

Or can I get by until I can order some of them at a better price?
You could probably get by with 2 since no course of fire is more than 18 rounds. try calling OPS at 918-836-8027 and ask for "Gun Room"

Latest posts

Top Bottom