Idpa multigun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got an email from idpa today did anyone else see they added multi gun?

The last announcement we have for you is also a big one. IDPA is very pleased to announce IDPA Defensive Multi Gun. IDPA was created around the defensive use of a handgun. However, we realize there are a lot of rifles and shotguns placed in closets, trunks, bedsides, etc. as defensive tools as well. In an effort to include the use of these tools, IDPA Defensive Multi Gun (DMG) was created. DMG was not created to replace existing IDPA matches. It is simply another format that clubs can use in addition to their regular IDPA matches. IDPA DMG is a stand alone match format that could be run after regular club matches or on different weekends for an extra challenge and fun. It is designed to be adaptable to the club's capabilities and you can incorporate any combination of pistols, shotguns and rifles.
There are 4 divisions for DMG. There is an iron sight and optic sight division for major caliber rifles and there are iron sight and optic sight divisions for pistol caliber carbines only. We feel that the pistol caliber divisions will bring out a whole new level of challenge and fun to an already exciting format.
These rules are currently provisional. IDPA intends on allowing clubs to look these over and try them out over the course of the next several months. At the end of the year we will make any adjustments that are deemed necessary before finalizing them before the shooting season starts up for next year. The rules can be found at the IDPA website or on the official IDPA forum. We hope that you take the opportunity to give this exciting new sport a try and tell us about it on the IDPA forum.
I look forward to seeing you on the range. Have fun and be safe.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a little short notice to run a multi-gun IDPA match this Saturday, but I'll try to read all the rules and see if we can do something at the August USSA match.

I've been itching to run a "practical rifle" match like Dave Guyer does at Oil Capital anyway. :)

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a little short notice to run a multi-gun IDPA match this Saturday, but I'll try to read all the rules and see if we can do something at the August USSA match.

I've been itching to run a "practical rifle" match like Dave Guyer does at Oil Capital anyway. :)

i will need to work with Jane at Beach Bunny to see if we can score this monster yet. If not then we will have to inprovise. Could take a day or 2 to get it posted. just so you know!!!

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

anybody got an Auot shotty I can borrow for a year or 2?

shootingbuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This could be very successful if done properly. I'll be "anxiously" waiting to see the round counts for each firearm. :woohoo1:

Yep, and that is the reason IDPA is adapting multi-gun into IDPA. The club I left way back yesterday used bastardized 3-gun rules for fun matches a bunch of yrs ago and then went TSA when it came out. They shoot both IDPA and TSA so we ah.., they have a wide variety of matches throuout the yr.

If any ever wanted to run muli-gun stages all they had to do was call it a fun match or what not. My old club also would at times have side matches with the long guns. So there are ways of conducting multi-gun stages / matches and still shoot your required 6 matches a yr without multi-gun added. What this does is add "IDPA" to these matches.

sb

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i will need to work with Jane at Beach Bunny to see if we can score this monster yet. If not then we will have to inprovise. Could take a day or 2 to get it posted. just so you know!!!
I spoke to her a couple of years ago about that and she said she couldn't do it. If she is more amicable to your request that would be great!
Posting scores in Excel is a pain.
Dave

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the rules for anyone that wants to read them...

IDPA 3 Gun Rules

This was taken from Gose's post on the same topic over on Brian Enos forum. I think it pretty much sums it up.

quote "10 shotgun rounds max / stage isnt much... Especially since you're only allowed 5+1 and an additional 6 on your belt, two spare rounds isnt a lot, especially if the stage is mixed bird/slugs.

Oddly enough no mag capacity for rifle, but stages with more than 15 rounds (18 max / stage) must have a mandatory reload.

No weak shoulder long gun at more than 20 yards as well as the no headshots beyond 30y seems a bit restrictive.

"only one type of ammunition may be loaded before the start of a stage", so no mixing bird and slugs in the tube. Not really sure I understand the need for this either, especially with the 5+1 mag capacity.

15yard max total movement for a multigun stage? I can understand that they dont want it to be about who can run a 100y dash faster, but 3 guns in 15 yards?

I'm sure some fun matches can be built with this format, but I dont really see myself traveling any distance to attend one."

Not that I won't shoot IPDA multi gun if its available. Any multi gun is more fun than a one gun match. But IDPA just limits the shooting fun more so than Outlaw or USPSA which is a bummer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom