IDPA Oct 22 Oil Capital

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oil Capital IDPA shoots Saturday October 22nd. Sign in commences at 0930, with walk thru at 1000. Your match director will appreciate assistance with set up, which will start around 0730. Match fee is $12 ($10 for OCR&GC members). As usual, the match will consist of 6 stages, requiring around 100 minimum rounds. My usual advice is to always bring at least 50% more ammo than the required minimum; you might miss a shot or two, requiring more ammo to pick up the hit.

Badlands 2012 will have an organizational meeting following the October 22nd match. Attendance by those interested is requested and appreciated. We’re looking forward, with everyone’s assistance, to another high quality Badlands sanctioned match.

Our regular monthly match in November will be on Saturday the 19th, which is the third Saturday We have traditionally shot this 3rd Saturday in November to avoid bumping into the Thanksgiving activities still ongoing for many during the 4th Saturday. Also for the month of December, we will shoot on Saturday the 17th, which is also the third Saturday The 4th Saturday in December is Christmas Eve; I’m not about to schedule a match that day. Please put the November and December dates on your calendar; we’ll go back to our usual 4th Saturday schedule in January 2012.

Early in 2012 I will teach an IDPA Safety Officer Certification Class. The month is probably February; the exact date is not yet set. The SO Class is an all-day affair involving classroom, a written test and a couple hours on the range involving live fire. Cost is pretty minimal; around $10. I promise you’ll get a class worth way more than that. If you might be interested, please PM to get on the notification list.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to all for coming! Results are out BCC email to the shooters; please PM if yours did not find you.

We enjoyed near perfect conditions and the scores reflected it. The stages ranged in difficulty from pretty much too easy for this crowd to presenting a good challenge. Not that many procedurals earned and few no-shoots got in the way of bullets. A big thanks to those who helped set-up, to Tom for doing sign-in and to Pete for being our day’s Beach Bunny scores operator.

The Badlands 2012 will the April 28-29. It will continue in the same general format as it has carried for the last 10 or so years. We’re planning around 15 stages (plus chrono) for around 175 to 200 rounds. Expect the same good stages, great staff, fine food and outstanding awards/random draw table for which the Badlands has become famous. Send what you have my way via PM and I’ll share with Todd.

The MD for Badlands 2012 will be Todd, I’ll be the Assistant MD. Todd and I are looking for all manner of COF ideas. These can be just ideas for neat props, a scenario or even a complete stage. COF’s will have to be presented to the IDPA higher ups for approval by mid-December, so we need your ideas as soon as possible.

Housekeeping items:
• Recent lost and founds include a pair of eyeglasses found at the September match. Contact Todd or myself to identify.
• Let’s not use the stage buckets for trash cans on the stage. Today I managed to save an electronic timer from the trash heap by detail stripping it. It had globs of soda pop, from an almost empty can, scattered about its insides.

Our regular monthly match in November will be on Saturday the 19th, which is the third Saturday We have traditionally shot this 3rd Saturday in November to avoid bumping into the Thanksgiving activities still ongoing for many during the 4th Saturday. Also for the month of December, we will shoot on Saturday the 17th, which is also the third Saturday The 4th Saturday in December is Christmas Eve; I’m not about to schedule a match that day. Please put the November and December dates on your calendar; we’ll go back to our usual 4th Saturday schedule in January 2012.

Early in 2012 I will teach an IDPA Safety Officer Certification Class. The month is probably February; the exact date is not yet set. The IDPA SO Class is an all-day affair involving classroom, a written test and a couple hours on the range involving live fire. Cost is pretty minimal; around $10. I promise you’ll get a class worth way more than that. If you might be interested, please PM me to get on the notification list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom