IDPA Oil Capital Sunday October 14th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its IDPA at Oil Capital this Sunday October 14th. Weather forecast looks great. Set-up begins at 0730, sign-in at 0900 and walk-thru promptly at 1000. Match fee is $12 ($10 for OCR&GC members). Expect 100 required rounds or so. Always a good idea to bring more ammo, just in case you don’t shoot as straight as you might every press of the trigger.

Location link http://www.ocrgc.com/?q=node/44

Come shoot with us!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Results are out via BCC email to the shooters. Please PM me if yours does not arrive. Thanks to all for coming out. It was a fine day to shoot a match. We started on time and finished plenty early; thanks to everyone for their assistance with setup and tear-down. Jason H took lowest time honors for 4 of the 6 stages. Jay D and Warren C took the honors on the remaining two.

I didn’t think the stages were especially difficult. Shots were not that tight, nor was there any distance over about 12 yards. For some reason, more than just a few non-threats got poked with one of those bullet things. Slow down fellow shooters; look where your sights are when you press (not yank) the trigger. If you are shooting faster than you can find your front sight, you are not going to garner as many “down zero” targets as you might wish.

Stage 5 involved shooting with a briefcase of diamonds handcuffed to your weak hand wrist. Lots of different approaches to shooting on the move with that briefcase. There were a couple very good solutions presented. Stages like this one, which provide a new challenge to many, are a great learning opportunity.

We’ll shoot the 2012 Postal Match on October 27 IF it looks like the weather will cooperate. That’s our next match, Saturday October 27.

A heads up for our program for the month of November. We often move from our regular 4th Saturday match to another date to avoid Thanksgiving weekend; we’ll do so again this year. Our November dates are the 11th and the 17th.

Keep Safe!

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did u guys leave a red circular steel plate with 2 holes in it, out at one of the 25 yrd bays? I didn't know where to leave it. Found it monday eve laying in the gravel.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did u guys leave a red circular steel plate with 2 holes in it, out at one of the 25 yrd bays? I didn't know where to leave it. Found it monday eve laying in the gravel.

We use those for start point markers. Must have missed putting one back on the War Wagon prop trailer during tear-down. Just put in the heated/AC room that's directly behind Pistol Left and Pistol Right. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom