IDPA Saturday March 23 @ Oil Capital

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IDPA, Oil Capital, Saturday March 23rd. Early weather prognostications are favorable to a good day. Set-up begins at 0730, sign-in at 0900 and walk-thru promptly at 1000. Match fee is $12 ($10 for OCR&GC members). Expect 100 required rounds, or so, for the six stage match.

We will offer a Classifier following the main match, after its completed and put away; $5 fee/$0 for OCR&GC members.

BADLANDS REGIONAL 2013 IS FULL. Match Confirmations to Badlands regular competitors went out a few days ago. Most Safety Officers received their confirmations then too. There are a few SO confirmations to go out soon.

Keep Safe!

WhiskeyPapa

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am trying to plan to come out there this weekend as my first time in competition. Do I need to have signed up for my IDPA membership prior to coming out?

Thanks,

Wes Perkins

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
REMINDER that its IDPA at Oil Capital on Saturday March 23rd. We have ample all-weather targets, if it’s a tad drippy outside at match time. If it happens to be downright wet, we’ll do an all steel match, with big umbrellas at the shooting positions. Set-up begins at 0730, sign-in at 0900 and walk-thru promptly at 1000. Match fee is $12 ($10 for OCR&GC members). Expect 100 required rounds, or so, for the six stage match.

We will offer a Classifier following the main match, after its completed and put away; $5 fee/$0 for OCR&GC members. I plan to offer a non-match day Classifier some pretty weekend day in the near future; more when I find a date/time.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to all for coming. The assistance in set up and tear down was appreciated, as it always is. We started the day with all weather targets, so the occasional light mist was never a problem. Results are out via BCC email to the competitors. PM me if yours does not find you. Check your spam filter(s) first.

In our continued efforts to ready shooters to get to go to sanctioned matches around the states, the degree of difficulty of Saturday’s match was slightly higher than usual. Lots of weak and strong hand, as well as a stage with distant targets presented themselves. Some steel as extant, as well as a few tight shots up close. The competitors rose to the situation and did well. Congratulations to Jerry B. for taking 5 of the stages, as well as posting a day’s low score of 107.35. I provided a good bit of revolver comic relief on one stage where I fumbled, then dropped a loader. It got better. I managed to discharge the six cartridges into the loader pouch as I put the now-retrieved loader back into its pouch before I proceeded. To deal with the last evil doers, I had to fish all those rounds out of the cramped confines of the pouch at the last position of the stage. Lousy stage score for me.

Badlands 2013 is FULL.

Keep Safe!

Latest posts

Top Bottom