IDPA Sunday July 13 Oil Capital

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was my point... there're so many classifications and being a non-member and unclassified... I coulda come in second outta TWO! lol

I don't care about placement, really... or trophies. Matter of fact, I'd be more likely to patronize and participate in an organization that didn't give out prizes or trophies or whatever. I'm in it for improvement, not placement. It was kinda sobering and eye-opening to see how poorly I at least FELT I did. Like I said... I felt decent about my shooting skill at the range... but my active shooting blows goats.

So yeah... you guys sold me out and now I'm hooked. :P

Sad thing is, I shoulda done this a few months ago, when I had all the free time... now I'm not gonna have so much weekend time soon to get into matches. :(

<edit> Oh, and Volmarr, I'm up for some carpooling. I guess I'd have to take the Tahoe in that case, since there won't likely be room in the fun car for both of us and gear to boot! lol

:rotflmao: I never competed against anybody but myself. I kept all my score sheets for the classifiers and if there was a classifier match in Oklahoma or North Texas (like Wichita Falls) I was at it. I went from being so far down that the running joke was I was fighting everyone else for last place to consistently shooting in "B" class ...

When I stopped shooting because of my neck, women were JUST starting to show up at matches. I had ALWAYS competed against men because, except for one gal from the Tulsa area who would come down to OKC with Michael Brown and that bunch, that's all that was there. If I'd waited until there were other women shooting, I'd have never gotten to enjoy the company of some really great guys -- nor would I have learned to handle my gun confidently and with some precision. I can only think of one or two other women who shot consistently in their area (one in Texas, and one gal up in the Tulsa area).

I guess my point is go ... have fun ... and learn new stuff ... :P You will improve so fast it will make your head spin ...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2nd? Huh? Do you know something I don't know? Only way I coulda been 2nd was in my CDP and Unclassified... and that'd be if there were only 2 of us in that group! lol ;)

Exactly... I was CDP/UC. I only had 2 mags for the Glock, so I ran my 1911 .45. The Glock has nothing but a slip-on Hogue grip. I don't reload (yet), but I will definitely be getting into it, as I think this is something that is going to occupy me more than I expected! ;)

I extrapolated the results. There was only one CDP shooter listed on the match results, so I assumed that was you. That means you won your division and class, since you were the only one in it. However, when looking at the results for everyone who shot in all divisions and classes, only one person who shot the match posted a lower overall score than you, which means you were 2nd overall out of 12 shooters for the entire match. :)

We had 33 shooters at USSA on Saturday. If you can, try to hit the USSA match on the 2nd Saturday of the month, or the main Oil Capital match on the 4th Saturday. We usually have between 30-60 shooters and it's a bit more fun. I also extrapolated your basic skill level by comparing it to the results for some of the shooters I know and have shot quite a bit with. You're starting at a level that's slightly above average. Let me know if you plan to go again and I'll try to get you into our squad. We ALWAYS have a good time! :)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where did you see the results posted? Is that something in the members'-only section at OC's website? Chris told me if I put my email address on my first scoresheet Jack would email them to me, but I figured he just hadn't gotten it all calculated yet.

If I scored 2nd overall out of 12, then I feel bad, 'cause I'm thinkin' everyone else out there got "Hendrix'd"! :P

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did you see the results posted? Is that something in the members'-only section at OC's website? Chris told me if I put my email address on my first scoresheet Jack would email them to me, but I figured he just hadn't gotten it all calculated yet.

If I scored 2nd overall out of 12, then I feel bad, 'cause I'm thinkin' everyone else out there got "Hendrix'd"! :P

LOL, the best method to get the results is via email. PM me your email address and I'll forward them to you. :)

Dbltap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Sorry man, that's normally how Jack adds you to the list. Might email him and get added on, especially if youre going to shoot it again. Once you're on it, you'll get the results every time, even if you don't shoot the match.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Match results are out to the shooters via BCC email. We were finished shooting by around 1 PM and put away quickly after. The tents and covers close to each stage made for a fine day to shoot an IDPA match.

Courses of fire at Oil Capital will always be a varied challenge, with the intent to have fun as well as learn something new. You can expect some easy shots, with some tough ones intermingled. COF's that are what I call "and then" stages (only one way to shoot) are kept to a minimum. Most COF have multiple methods of solution, all left up to the shooter within his abilities and daring. Stages are designed to be safely doable by brand new IDPA competitors as well as a challenge to Master ranked experienced shooters.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I extrapolated the results. There was only one CDP shooter listed on the match results, so I assumed that was you. That means you won your division and class, since you were the only one in it. However, when looking at the results for everyone who shot in all divisions and classes, only one person who shot the match posted a lower overall score than you, which means you were 2nd overall out of 12 shooters for the entire match. :)

We had 33 shooters at USSA on Saturday. If you can, try to hit the USSA match on the 2nd Saturday of the month, or the main Oil Capital match on the 4th Saturday. We usually have between 30-60 shooters and it's a bit more fun. I also extrapolated your basic skill level by comparing it to the results for some of the shooters I know and have shot quite a bit with. You're starting at a level that's slightly above average. Let me know if you plan to go again and I'll try to get you into our squad. We ALWAYS have a good time! :)

This ... there are plenty of matches over this region. GC and I were even known to shoot two matches in a day when H&H and the match in Wichita Falls fell "just right" ... There was several weekends over my shooting "career" where we shot 3 matches in a weekend. :P And GTG is right ... I NEVER went to a match that I didn't have a blast.

Hell, we went to watch a 3-gun when they were first getting started good and even though I got there with no guns, no ammo, no match fee, etc. by the time the guys were done "fixing me up" they were calling me "The Frito Bandito" ... :rotflmao: We only did a few 3 guns after that, but that was because of my neck ... not because we didn't have a BLAST ...

I bet Shelley and Ian would LUVLUVLUV the steel challenges ... Not much movement but tons of shooting and you can use a .22 ... We used to shoot those every bit as much as we did USPSA ... The only reason GC stopped shooting IDPA is there were no matches in this area ... that and I preferred USPSA so that's just what we did ... :heart: He's such a sweet guy ... :rotflmao:

The first IDPA match he took me I had kinda a bad experience at so I just never went back. :disappoin If IDPA was the only shooting discipline out there I most likely would have never shot competitions. I guess I should say, though, that a lot of guys shoot both and have no problem ...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Ahhh I see what happened... Jack didn't put me in the CDP. That single shooter in CDP wasn't me. I marked CDP because I was told my Para 1911 with a match barrel and Wilson internals meant I was in CDP, not SSP. Jack put me in SSP, where I was #4. And in the group as a whole, I came in next to last, behind Jay, who was shooting a .38 Taurus revolved that kept misfiring on him.

So that result seems more in-line to me with what I felt I did. Essentially dead-last, except the revolver guy with the malfunctioning weapon. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom