If I could talk/Best dog film

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys got me curious, ordered the DVD's for Red Dog and Red Dog True Blue from Amazon. Watched both today. Red Dog is a good movie, not quite as much of a tear jerker as the Hachi movie but could be I was more prepared. True Blue was a better sequel than most and fit right in with the first. Was kinda neat to watch them back to back and will be worth watching a few more times.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had many dogs in my life. I’ve had to put a few to sleep. It never gets easier. I wish they could live longer but they don’t. Most of the dogs I have had were strays that just showed up the house. I am too soft to turn them away. Had to put my buddy Freddy to sleep last year. Had him for 14 years. He was the best dog I have ever had and he was a stray. Him and his two brothers came to my house one cold February night and we took them in. They all had worms and two out of the three had bloated bellies. Freddy was as skinny as could be. They were only about two months old at the time. We took them to the vet to get their shots and sadly found out they had parvo. We had to give them antibiotics every two hours so sleeping was almost non existent. The two that looked the best ended up getting the worst. One night before I got home from work Rico Tubbs started throwing up and had diarrhea all over. My wife picked him up and put him on the bath tub to clean him off. She said he started to whine and yelp and then started screaming. Then she said he all of the sudden started shaking and then died. I wish I could have seen him one last time but at the same time I am glad I didn’t have to witness it. Poor thing. Then about a week later Max started doing the same thing. I rushed him to the vet and had to put him to sleep. So all I had left was Freddy. The one the vets said wouldn’t make it. But he did. And he stuck by my side as long as he could. I miss them all but especially Freddy since I had him so long. Parvo is such a terrible thing. I pray none of you ever have to experience what it does to these poor animals. Now I have my shitzu who is 12, my lab who is 11, my pit bulls who are 2 and 3. So sadly before too long I am sure I will have to say goodbye to another one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom