If My Dog Could Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
dogtalk.jpg

DOG: WAT DOING

ME: Nothing I just stood up

DOG: WHERE GO

ME: I’m walking 3 feet away. I’m not even leaving the room.

DOG: CAN I COME

ME: Sure but I am just…

DOG: I COME TOO

ME: I need to open this door.

DOG: I HALP

ME: You need to move so I can open this door.

ME: You are in the way of the door, you need to move please.

ME: ~sigh~

DOG: WHERE GOING

ME: I’m going right back to the same place I was sitting.

ME: Sure

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

ME: Nothing I just stood up

DOG: WHERE GO

ME: I’m walking 3 feet away. I’m not even leaving the room.

ME: Sure but I am just…

DOG: I COME TOO

ME: I need to open this door.

ME: You need to move so I can open this door.

ME: You are in the way of the door, you need to move please.

ME: ~sigh~

DOG: WHERE GOING

ME: I’m going right back to the same place I was sitting.

ME: Sure

View attachment 147453

Yep! Sounds just like my house!

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dogs can talk. They just don't speak verbal English but understand it very good.She knows what a lot of words mean including the phrase
" go for a ride".
Our dog has numerous different bark pitches depending on the situation and what she is communicating to us.She also has many different expressions and body languages to communicate with us.
Dogs have taught me a lot more than I ever taught them.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents used to travel quite a bit, back before they became too old.

On one such trip out of country, they enlisted one of my cousins, then a college student, to house/dog sit. The dog was a Boston Terrier, about 10 or 12 years old.
My cousin took them up on the offer, and stayed in the house with the dog for several weeks. My cousin was not raised in a house with pets, and had never really spent any time with any dogs.

When my parents returned, they asked how she got along with the dog. My cousin got a strange look on her face, and confided that she was almost certain the dog understood what she was saying.

My Dad, the dog person, just chuckled.

Anyone that is around dogs know that a dog can certainly communicate, and definitely understands a rather large vocabulary.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dogs can talk. They just don't speak verbal English but understand it very good.She knows what a lot of words mean including the phrase
" go for a ride".
Our dog has numerous different bark pitches depending on the situation and what she is communicating to us.She also has many different expressions and body languages to communicate with us.
Dogs have taught me a lot more than I ever taught them.
Just the word "go" will turn my dog inside out.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tripple agree on the word "go" used in any sentence,with my mostly black lab. Also, collecting up the trash he goes wild. My dumpster is 1/2 mile away, knows he is going to get a back of the pickup ride. My little mostly Rat Terrer was listening to a over the air Morse code practice with me a few years ago and I got him repeating the slow dots and dashes with different barks on his own when he heard them. He started getting confused with 5 character letters and numbers, but did very well.

Most dogs are very smart, just hungry to please us if we will take the time to work with them. Yes they are time consuming, but they will be our best friends as long as they are here. You will never go to the bathroom alone ever again. Ha Ha

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tripple agree on the word "go" used in any sentence,with my mostly black lab. Also, collecting up the trash he goes wild. My dumpster is 1/2 mile away, knows he is going to get a back of the pickup ride. My little mostly Rat Terrer was listening to a over the air Morse code practice with me a few years ago and I got him repeating the slow dots and dashes with different barks on his own when he heard them. He started getting confused with 5 character letters and numbers, but did very well.

Most dogs are very smart, just hungry to please us if we will take the time to work with them. Yes they are time consuming, but they will be our best friends as long as they are here. You will never go to the bathroom alone ever again. Ha Ha

.. / .-.. --- ...- . / -.. --- --. ... / .- -. -.. / .... .- - . / -.-. .- - ... .-.-.-

Latest posts

Top Bottom