If you are fliping sick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. Why should someone lose their paycheck and possibly their home just so you guys can "feel safe"??

Don’t you think it is a bit selfish for a person who knows they are sick to go out into public, possibly infecting others and their families, just to keep cashing a paycheck?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t you think it is a bit selfish for a person who knows they are sick to go out into public, possibly infecting others and their families, just to keep cashing a paycheck?

Depends. Are we talking about some corporate mucky-muck who makes 6 figures a year or a single mom with 2 kids who isn't getting any child support from a deadbeat dad?? Or some nurse whose hospital has told her she can "work sick"?? I stopped thinking it was all that and a bag of chips when hospitals said it was okay for healthcare workers to work after a positive test.

Not to mention all the "important people" who think the rules are for us hourly employees but not for the upper crust of society. Sheesh. If you buy the hype YOU quit your job and stay home but don't expect me to fall in line because I'm not seeing ANYTHING that makes me afraid of anything ... Well, except oak trees ...

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends. Are we talking about some corporate mucky-muck who makes 6 figures a year or a single mom with 2 kids who isn't getting any child support from a deadbeat dad?? Or some nurse whose hospital has told her she can "work sick"?? I stopped thinking it was all that and a bag of chips when hospitals said it was okay for healthcare workers to work after a positive test.

Not to mention all the "important people" who think the rules are for us hourly employees but not for the upper crust of society. Sheesh. If you buy the hype YOU quit your job and stay home but don't expect me to fall in line because I'm not seeing ANYTHING that makes me afraid of anything ... Well, except oak trees ...

I’d say it applies to all. The corporate guy can likely weather the financial aspect with his own savings. The single mother has many options for help through churches and community services, if needed. I’m not afraid but I have lost friends and seen friends go through significant suffering as a result of this virus.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d say it applies to all. The corporate guy can likely weather the financial aspect with his own savings. The single mother has many options for help through churches and community services, if needed. I’m not afraid but I have lost friends and seen friends go through significant suffering as a result of this virus.

I understand that. And there has been death and suffering since the beginning of time. Everybody staying home for 2 weeks every time someone has the sniffles is NOT gonna stop this virus. Or the death and suffering. But you guys do you and I'll do me. One thing you will NEVER see me do, though, is blame anyone for going out and doing what they have to do to make sure them and theirs are cared for. Because I will be doing the EXACT SAME THING.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Apparently not.

Here's the good news, the people that went to work and infected almost everyone they worked with, and may or may not have caused the deaths of 2 coworkers, and caused the company about $15,000 to have the place cleaned so those that tested negative could come back to work in 4 days when the business was able to reopen have been suspended pending termination. So they got a few days extra, then caused everyone in the place to lose at a minimum 4 days. Couple of guys lost their lives.

They happen to work for a company that has an HR policy that reads, "Acting in a way, whether it be intentionally or unintentionally, which may endanger the safety of others or destroy Company property or assets is gross misconduct. Engaging in such other practices or conduct, which may be inconsistent with the ordinary, reasonable, common sense rules of conduct necessary to the welfare of the Company and it's employees is gross misconduct, and grounds for immediate dismissal".

They also falsified company T&A by falsely answering questions related to their health on the T&A system before clocking in for several days. It doesn't matter where the other employees actually caught the virus. It isn't necessary to prove they gave the virus to their coworkers. They came to work sick, one with a confirmed positive test, and that was sufficient for them to lose their job.

They got exactly what they had coming. Nobody that currently works there wants to ever see their faces again either, so it didn't pan out for them. Besides the fact that they may have cost 2 families husbands and fathers. It's too bad they can't be found to have criminal or civil responsibility, but they can't because there is no way to prove where those two people contracted the virus. I'm satisfied with their asses being fired.

It's not okay to send your kid to school with the chicken pox, the measles or mumps, and those are very, very, very rarely fatal. It's not okay to go to work or out in public when you have obvious symptoms or a positive virus test. You should have enough respect for your coworkers to not go to work even if you just have the flu. You got a cold or the sniffles, get your ass to work. If you're positive or showing know symptoms of this virus, you should think of others than yourself and stay home.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently not.

Here's the good news, the people that went to work and infected almost everyone they worked with, and may or may not have caused the deaths of 2 coworkers, and caused the company about $15,000 to have the place cleaned so those that tested negative could come back to work in 4 days when the business was able to reopen have been suspended pending termination. So they got a few days extra, then cause everyone in the place to lose at a minimum 4 days. Couple of guys lost their lives.

They happen to work for a company that has an HR policy that reads, "Acting in a way, whether it be intentionally or unintentionally, which may endanger the safety of others or destroy Company property or assets is gross misconduct. Engaging in such other practices or conduct, which may be inconsistent with the ordinary, reasonable, common sense rules of conduct necessary to the welfare of the Company and it's employees is gross misconduct, and grounds for immediate dismissal".

They also falsified company T&A by falsely answering questions related to their health on the T&A system before clocking in for several days. It doesn't matter where the other employees actually caught the virus. It isn't necessary to prove they gave the virus to their coworkers. They came to work sick, one with a confirmed positive test, and that was sufficient for them to lose their job.

They got exactly what they had coming. Nobody that currently works there was to ever see their faces again either, so it didn't pan out for them. Besides the fact that they cost 2 families husbands and fathers. It's too bad they can't be found to have criminal or civil responsibility, but they can't because there is no way to prove where those two people contracted the virus. I'm satisfied with their asses being fired.

It's not okay to send your kid to school with the chicken pox, the measles or mumps, and those are very, very, very rarely fatal. It's not okay to go to work or out in public when you have obvious symptoms or a positive virus test. You should have enough respect for your coworkers to not go to work even if you just have the flu. You got a cold or the sniffles, get your ass to work. If you're positive or showing know symptoms of this virus, you should think of other than yourself and stay home.

You think corporate has that policy in place to protect you?? Oh my ...

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You think corporate has that policy in place to protect you?? Oh my ...

I didn't say that, did I? I know why it's in place. I've been in the corporate world for 35 years. I'm well aware of why the policy exists.

At this particular point, I'm just glad it is in place. None of the surviving employees will ever have to work with either of those 2 assholes ever again. I'd bet nobody comes to work sick again either.

You ever try to send your kids to school with the chickenpox or the mumps? Serious question. Most people wouldn't even think of doing that, but for some, going to work sick or with a positive test for the bat soup flu is fine.

This isn't 10 years ago. It isn't even last December, to think that people have always died and always will die and tough ****, die you weak bastards die, I'm not missing a single day of my paycheck, because I don't give a deuce about anyone else but me is pretty short sighted. That type of thinking it is going to cause this to be extended further than it should. Those 2 employee's short sightedness cost them their jobs. It very well may have cost 2 of their coworkers their lives.

We're just gonna have to disagree. People that are sick with obvious symptoms or a positive test should stay home.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...One thing you will NEVER see me do, though, is blame anyone for going out and doing what they have to do to make sure them and theirs are cared for. Because I will be doing the EXACT SAME THING.

Even when that means jeopardizing the health and well-being of other innocent people? That is what I call being selfish.

I’m not trying to fight with you, just trying to understand. I’ve actually admired you for years going back to you posting under other screen names and on other forums.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how the evil bastards at the refinery in Ponca are handling the virus because I retired last Jan.. When I was still there they had a no excuse absenteeism policy. No matter how sick you were ,they wanted you at work.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't say that, did I? I know why it's in place. I've been in the corporate world for 35 years. I'm well aware of why the policy exists.

At this particular point, I'm just glad it is in place. None of the surviving employees will ever have to work with either of those 2 assholes ever again. I'd bet nobody comes to work sick again either.

You ever try to send your kids to school with the chickenpox or the mumps? Serious question. Most people wouldn't even think of doing that, but for some, going to work sick or with a positive test for the bat soup flu is fine.

This isn't 10 years ago. It isn't even last December, to think that people have always died and always will die and tough ****, die you weak bastards die, I'm not missing a single day of my paycheck, because I don't give a deuce about anyone else but me is pretty short sighted. That type of thinking it is going to cause this to be extended further than it should. Those 2 employee's short sightedness cost them their jobs. It very well may have cost 2 of their coworkers their lives.

We're just gonna have to disagree. People that are sick with obvious symptoms or a positive test should stay home.

You are doing to me exactly what you just accused me of doing to you -- Putting words in my mouth.

The bottom line for me is YOU shouldn't feel like you are ENTITLED to tell someone what to do. You have no idea what another person's circumstance is or what does and/or does not constitute an insurmountable burden to them.

In your original post you didn't say anything about policy ... Or the willful violation thereof. Just laid out that you wanted people staying home if they are sick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom