If you are fliping sick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NOW you guys wanna change the rules and tell people who have to work 2 and 3 jobs to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table to stay home because YOU might catch something?? Nope. Sorry. I am a libertarian at heart, not just when it's convenient for me.
I am a pretty hard-core libertarian at heart, as well, but let's talk about those folks working two or three jobs to keep a roof over their heads. Those jobs are, most likely, filled with co-workers who are also working multiple jobs to keep roofs over their heads. What happens when they get sick and have to miss work because one person came to work with full-blown symptoms of a contagious disease? Does that not impart a real economic impact on those co-workers?

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
A while back there was a member named Dova around here that got bent out of shape cuz curse words showed as “****”. He got cross with a mod and it made him mad enough to rage quit OSA. So, some of us use Dova in place of curse words in his memory.
Got it...thanks. I'm glad I missed that drama.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even when that means jeopardizing the health and well-being of other innocent people? That is what I call being selfish.

I’m not trying to fight with you, just trying to understand. I’ve actually admired you for years going back to you posting under other screen names and on other forums.

I feel the same way about guys DEMANDING someone stay home but hey!! It's OSA.

Besides, I'm not perfect. Never claimed to be. Just know that given the devastation I've seen to families who can't earn a living anymore ... Or who have become homeless due to even the loss of one paycheck ... Has affected me greatly. I see newly homeless on nearly every street corner around where I live now -- some with kids in tow. I am TERRIFIED of what is gonna happen when the eviction moratorium has expired.

I don't have the answers anymore than the rest of you guys do but just like you guys I have an opinion. Doesn't make me a bad person any more than it does you guys.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a pretty hard-core libertarian at heart, as well, but let's talk about those folks working two or three jobs to keep a roof over their heads. Those jobs are, most likely, filled with co-workers who are also working multiple jobs to keep roofs over their heads. What happens when they get sick and have to miss work because one person came to work with full-blown symptoms of a contagious disease? Does that not impart a real economic impact on those co-workers?

True. And I don't discount that possibility. But it's not a stretch to think that nearly everybody who has tested positive with Covid has worked while they were sick. Amd what about the asymptomatic folks who never quit working. To me we are throwing out the baby with the bathwater ... People at work are ALREADY exposed before the positive test came back. I personally think workplaces would serve their employees better by cleaning like demons every night as opposed to just when someone has a piece of paper saying they are positive but that's just me. And I fail to see how a hospital can say it's okay for positive employees to come to work but the rest of us are suddenly in grave danger?? Ehhhh ... Bit of a stretch for me.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel the same way about guys DEMANDING someone stay home but hey!! It's OSA.

Besides, I'm not perfect. Never claimed to be. Just know that given the devastation I've seen to families who can't earn a living anymore ... Or who have become homeless due to even the loss of one paycheck ... Has affected me greatly. I see newly homeless on nearly every street corner around where I live now -- some with kids in tow. I am TERRIFIED of what is gonna happen when the eviction moratorium has expired.

I don't have the answers anymore than the rest of you guys do but just like you guys I have an opinion. Doesn't make me a bad person any more than it does you guys.

I respect that perspective and I also worry about those who are less fortunate. I can hardly imagine what it would be like going through a situation of unemployment, housing lost, savings gone, and a family in tow. Those who are more fortunate should step-up to help. Personally, I believe the community churches, whichever church, and the local family and homeless outreach organizations, are the best way to help these people. From what I’ve seen, they do a good job of connecting need with support.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I didn't say that, did I? I know why it's in place. I've been in the corporate world for 35 years. I'm well aware of why the policy exists.

At this particular point, I'm just glad it is in place. None of the surviving employees will ever have to work with either of those 2 assholes ever again. I'd bet nobody comes to work sick again either.

You ever try to send your kids to school with the chickenpox or the mumps? Serious question. Most people wouldn't even think of doing that, but for some, going to work sick or with a positive test for the bat soup flu is fine.

This isn't 10 years ago. It isn't even last December, to think that people have always died and always will die and tough ****, die you weak bastards die, I'm not missing a single day of my paycheck, because I don't give a deuce about anyone else but me is pretty short sighted. That type of thinking it is going to cause this to be extended further than it should. Those 2 employee's short sightedness cost them their jobs. It very well may have cost 2 of their coworkers their lives.

We're just gonna have to disagree. People that are sick with obvious symptoms or a positive test should stay home.

So all positive tests are accurate and should result in someone missing income they need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I respect that perspective and I also worry about those who are less fortunate. I can hardly imagine what it would be like going through a situation of unemployment, housing lost, savings gone, and a family in tow. Those who are more fortunate should step-up to help. Personally, I believe the community churches, whichever church, and the local family and homeless outreach organizations, are the best way to help these people. From what I’ve seen, they do a good job of connecting need with support.

I realize that hindsight is 20/20 but this whole situation is an absolute mess.

I've done my homework and have decided that the best thing for me and Grumpy is to proactively treat ourselves with some OTC supplements and a common medication that has been around for YEARS. Nothing is perfect, mind you, and I am positive I've come into contact with the virus more than a few times in the last year. But my injuries have me a little more cautious these days. But what I will NOT do is ever DEMAND someone else adjust their life to suit me (well, except for Grumpy but he signed up for that! My ex- tried to warn him but he wouldn't listen! Lol).

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True. And I don't discount that possibility. But it's not a stretch to think that nearly everybody who has tested positive with Covid has worked while they were sick. Amd what about the asymptomatic folks who never quit working. To me we are throwing out the baby with the bathwater ... People at work are ALREADY exposed before the positive test came back. I personally think workplaces would serve their employees better by cleaning like demons every night as opposed to just when someone has a piece of paper saying they are positive but that's just me. And I fail to see how a hospital can say it's okay for positive employees to come to work but the rest of us are suddenly in grave danger?? Ehhhh ... Bit of a stretch for me.
It's a tough question, for sure.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I realize that hindsight is 20/20 but this whole situation is an absolute mess.

I've done my homework and have decided that the best thing for me and Grumpy is to proactively treat ourselves with some OTC supplements and a common medication that has been around for YEARS. Nothing is perfect, mind you, and I am positive I've come into contact with the virus more than a few times in the last year. But my injuries have me a little more cautious these days. But what I will NOT do is ever DEMAND someone else adjust their life to suit me (well, except for Grumpy but he signed up for that! My ex- tried to warn him but he wouldn't listen! Lol).

Understand that - an individual is ultimately responsible for his / her own safety. We are likely taking the same supplements ( vitamins c, d, zinc, etc.).

Hope you have gotten your revenge on that tree. Running a chainsaw across that limb could be satisfying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom