If you bank at Tinker Federal PSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Restaurants here are closing dining in and only doing drive thru or carry out, cant get folks to work.

Starting to see shortages again the grocery stores as well.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have no employees willing to work you dont have much choose other than to close.
I figure wont be long til they will have to call in the military to start running the hospitals due to understaffing.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had it in my mind what I was going to post but after reading all the above posts I plumb forgot! That's the story of my life, I know what I want to do but forget by the time I get to the next page. But I will say this, we just got back from a trip to the south and stayed in a few hotels and they were all basically dirty due to the shortage of labor. I'm talking Marriott hotels, the clerks are working not only their jobs but also trying to clean the rooms and prepare them for the next overnighter. And after the mandates from Biden, he admits the federal government has no solution to Covid and yet people have been laid off, lost their jobs and walked off their jobs.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have no employees willing to work you dont have much choose other than to close.
From what I’m hearing, a lot of these recent closings are more related to available staffing levels than any fear of covid. These days, it doesn’t take many staffers testing positive for covid to leave a business with too few employees available to keep the place open to the public.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yeah as before it was just hype and government over reach saying "your business is closed and you can't go to work"

now there are so many people sick that businesses are literally forced to be closed. the vaccine is totally safe and effective.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had it in my mind what I was going to post but after reading all the above posts I plumb forgot! That's the story of my life, I know what I want to do but forget by the time I get to the next page. But I will say this, we just got back from a trip to the south and stayed in a few hotels and they were all basically dirty due to the shortage of labor. I'm talking Marriott hotels, the clerks are working not only their jobs but also trying to clean the rooms and prepare them for the next overnighter. And after the mandates from Biden, he admits the federal government has no solution to Covid and yet people have been laid off, lost their jobs and walked off their jobs.

Yeah ... That ain't just at Marriott hotels or down south ... Much as I liked my job -- and the money -- there are some things I simply am not capable of doing any longer. I am just thankful I have the ability to walk away from my job. Lots of people I worked with couldn't do that -- and are being horribly mistreated by management who sit in their office complaining all day and hit the road home at 4:59 pm. **** runs downhill ... The pandemic certainly hasn't changed that rule of physics. 😐

What I'm fixing to say here is simply gossip because I was gone before this happened -- but apparently even with a positive covid diagnosis people are still working in certain areas of the hospitality industry. Because management "condones" it. Which is code for if your ass is on the schedule you BETTER be there. Because if management comes in and works while they are sick with Covid (allegedly -- what hourly employee is gonna ask to see that test result??) then you can too.

******* auto correct. 😠

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve heard multiple ‘dirty hotel’ complaints after the holiday travel. My mom and dad winter in south padre. They switched condos because the one they have used for years was dirty

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve heard multiple ‘dirty hotel’ complaints after the holiday travel. My mom and dad winter in south padre. They switched condos because the one they have used for years was dirty
The Holiday Inn Express in Jenks by the aquarium was so clean it was impressive. The building and rooms smelled and looked sterile. Actually smelled like they had used an ozone machine prior to the weekend rush for wrestling. Double Tree two weeks ago had hair and little piss spots all over the back of the toilet, so I have seen both sides of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom