If you can do dis, U 2 can be a lectrishun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeebers!

My house built in the 70's. Apprentice or day laborer or a good Doobie Brothers concert last
night?

eleclical 1.jpg
eleclical 2.jpg
eleclical 3.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you have to switch the other end too?
I haven't found the other end yet. This was an outside wall to one room and I have replaced all of the receptacles in that room plus the overhead light and switches so I guess the rest is OK. We are converting to the lighted Lutron switches and the receptacles have to match so here I am.
I realize neutrals and grounds are bonded but...Yeeeesh!

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the neutral wire still grounded? It may be damaged and someone did the handyman fix
You need to replace the receptacles that have the wires inserted into the back or at least wrap the wires around the screws.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the neutral wire still grounded? It may be damaged and someone did the handyman fix
You need to replace the receptacles that have the wires inserted into the back or at least wrap the wires around the screws.

No backstabbing for me. I'm on an electrical forum that is of the opinion people who backstab their electrical are pure money making 15 minute service calls. All my connections are wrapped on the side terminals.
After replacing all of them I used an extension cord and metered the grounds and have continuity on all.

My house was previously owned by an electrician that owned his own business. I have cussed this dude more than a few times over the last 5 years. There is no way half the dova I have found he did would pass code. If you google cheap bastard. Wikipedia has a picture of him.

Here is a beauty from a local church.

light switches.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom