If you could pick your course curriculum what would it be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you could make your own class fit whatever it was that you wanted to learn what would be in it? What class do you want to take? Rifle based? Pistol based? Self-defense based? Edged weapons????

What I'm getting at is this: TDSA wants to teach what the people want to learn so I'm soliciting ideas from you, our students, about what it is that you want to see as a class. We have an open weekend in July (the 18th and 19th) and we'd like to see what kind of material people are wanting to learn.

Would you be so kind as to get back to me about this? I'm looking for any type of feedback that I can get. There's nothing that we can't teach between the 10 instructors we have on staff. We can teach just about anything to the point that you would be happy with the training you got from us and then some. I'll wait to hear back from you about it.

Keep in mind, this is your class so tell me what you want to learn and we'll put it together for you and have a two class doing what you want to do! Thanks in advance.

Antichrome

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sporting Clays, just kidding.

3-Gun. I know you already teach the 3 individual disciplines, but a competition 3 gun class is something I'd be interested in (although I couldnt do one this July)

Also, a one day Steel Challenge specific class.

okienate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something that would really help me is to get through the basics of progressing from primary weapon, to backup to blade.

Not very technical, but I'm thinking it would be a mix of handgun and self-defense disciplines I'm needing.

I've been through some of each discipline by itself, but never been able to get much work making transitions between each option in simulated circumstances where it would be needed.

Oh, and +1 on the 3-gun suggestion above....

LWysocki

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would like to attend a class that would teach me what and how to practice to hone my skills when I am training by myself....whether it be rifle, pistol, edged weapon, or empty hand and a combination of all.....

thanks;

Al

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something car based, car jacking, parking garages, etc. There have been a string of attacks in okc in parking garages lately so using cars for cover and watching for threats would be a good skill to learn. Learning to draw and fire when seatbelted in a car would also be good.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sorta agree with this. The classes I have taken haven't really given you "homework" so to speak. It would be nice to be given as part of the class, drills to work on and practice on your own.
The class is for the instructor to observe you and help correct what is being taught, teach you the right way.
Just MHO.

I would like to attend a class that would teach me what and how to practice to hone my skills when I am training by myself....whether it be rifle, pistol, edged weapon, or empty hand and a combination of all.....

thanks;

Al

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

thanks;

Al

+2. Never gone to a class but would like to soon. This would be an excellent first class I think.

If not this, than something focusing on close-quarters hand-to-hand and retention of weapon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom