If You Ever Fantasized About Accountability In Government...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can stop daydreaming now. BATFE is not even going to wait for the Congressional hearings to conclude before promoting the Operation Fast & Furious perpetrators:

To: All Special Agents in Charge; All ASACS; All Directors, Industry Operations
Sent: Thu Jul 28 19:00:21 2011
Subject: FO Changes August 1

I would like to take this opportunity to announce several changes to the Field Operations (FO) command staff that will be effective August 1st. These changes were made to provide strong leadership, a more efficient span of control and provide enhanced communication and support to the field.

We have created the position of Deputy Assistant Director (DAD) for Programs and this will be Michael Boxler. DAD Boxler, who was the DAD for the Central Region divisions, will oversee the following FO programs: Fire, Explosives, Alcohol and Tobacco Programs and Training; as well as the Firearms Operations Division (FOD).

SAC Mark Potter, who has been the SAC in the Philadelphia Field Division, will be promoted to the DAD for the Western Region field divisions. He will also oversee the International Affairs Office (IAO).

SAC Ron Turk, has been the SAC in the New York Field Division, will be promoted to the DAD for the Central Region field divisions. He will also oversee the Special Operations Division (SOD).

DAD Julie Torres will remain as the DAD for the Eastern Region field divisions and will oversee the Field Management Staff (FMS).

DAD Bill McMahon who has been the DAD Western Region will transfer to the DAD for Office of Professional Responsibility and Security Operations (OPRSO).I would like to personally thank Mark and Ron for their leadership in their field divisions and I look forward to having them a part of the FO executive staff. I would also like to extend the same thanks to Bill for his leadership and work with the Western Region field divisions and IAO. While we will miss his guidance in FO, I know he will take the same professionalism and dedication he has shown us and direct that into his new position at OPRSO.

Mark and Ron are welcome additions to our FO team, and I look forward to them joining Julie, Mike and Harry McCabe.

We will have some tough and challenging times ahead of us and I believe that we will come out of this a stronger and better organization. In order to accomplish this, we must all work together and foster open communication at all levels, take a close look at the way we do business and ways to improve our ability to efficiently and safely carry out our mission. Our thought process around investigations and inspections must include the risk /reward of our plans and actions with public safety being at the forefront. We must also consider disruption, interdiction and investigation in a tiered approach with the safety of our citizens as the rule.

Your FO executive staff will continue to provide you the leadership and assistance you need in conducting your business. Our tradition, together with our ability to turn adversity into strength is exemplified through our tenacious work ethic and successful investigations and inspections. Each one of us should be proud of the work of our agency and the men and women of ATF.

Thank you,

Mark R. Chait
Assistant Director
Field Operations

Yes, the primary overseer for F&F/Gunwalker is now going to be directly involved in IA actions against field agents. Care to venture a guess who's in the crosshairs?

Here's more from an insider posting over on http://cleanupatf.org/

George Gillett is slated to be named as the ATF Liaison to the United States Marshall's Service. Another poor decision with a magnitude of idiocy that is nearly incomprehensible. He is universally disrespected, has a documented history of failed management and discipline and was a leading proponent of Fast and Furious. He will ruin whatever is left of ATF's relationship with the USMS.

McMahon in essence received a promotion. ATF's OPRSO (Internal Affairs) is the highest level of integrity review in the Bureau. They have given the keys to that car to a person who has displayed self-admitted incompetence and refused any accountability for Fast and Furious beyond an admission that he did not review reports closely enough on the case. He has no integrity but now he will be judging everyone else's. Plus, he has supervised and protected SAC John Torres for years, one of ATF's biggest criminals. Prepare for the already low esteem of IA to sink deeper regardless of how well Chait props him up (see below).

David Voth was promoted to the Chief of the Tobacco Program after he extorted the agents in his group by giving them the ultimatum of going along with his plan to run guns into Mexico or leave ATF for another job.

Mark Chait who was instrumental in Fast and Furious and Castaway is the guy making these promotions and announcing them in a way where he praises McMahon in his new position (from Chait's email), "I would also like to extend the same thanks to Bill [McMahon] for his leadership and work with the Western Region field divisions and IAO. While we will miss his guidance in FO, I know he will take the same professionalism and dedication he has shown us and direct that into his new position at OPRSO."

Julie Torres who was asleep at the wheel during Castaway will remain in her spot and, she was overheard stating her intention to get to the bottom of CleanUpATF and ask DOJ to investigate the anonymous participants.

Good luck with that Jules. 1) Whistleblowers are given the privilege of being anonymous and, 2) there is a document called the Constitution and its First Amendment is the Freedom of Speech.

Even in the midst of our agencies biggest crisis in history Chait and his people can't even do the wrong thing right. He is dangerous in his arrogance that he can make statements like that and moves like he has in the face of his involvement in F&F.

Given the recent promotions, Bill Newell should soon be Director. Being on the verge of a perjury indictment won't dissuade Chait and Melson's clowns. If Newell isn't indicted quickly then DOJ better pardon the convictions of Bernie Maddoff, Scooter Libby, Kwame Kilpatrick, Marion Jones and Barry Bonds. They were all recently convicted of perjury. How can a federal agent not be held to the same standard of any other American? Maybe because he is covering for his bosses and that buys him some grace from DOJ and Eric Holder. That's the only thing I can come up with.

To Julie Torres, I heard you had your head up your ass but I had never met you so I couldn't comment but now that you made the statement of your intent to have DOJ help you violate the Constitution I feel qualified to say I agree. Come and get me.

To bad, so sad that people are saying things you don't like. Oh yeah, your an ATF executive. I forgot. Just retaliate and that will fix it.

For those of you who aren't aware, Castaway is basically an identical operation to Gunwalker, based in Tampa:

Deputy Assistant Director Julie Torres. The Tampa Honduras cover-up is going on under her nose, and perhaps with her approval.

Breaking News: Tampa SAC 'in full meltdown...shredders are buzzing'

Exclusive Special Report by David Codrea and Mike Vanderboegh

The source previously reporting that Special Agent in Charge of ATF's Tampa Field Division Virginia O'Brien "ran a gun-running investigation that was walking guns to Honduras using the techniques and tactics identical to Fast and Furious" contacted these correspondents again this evening with this follow-up report:

O'Brien is in full meltdown. She ordered supervisors from around the Division to report immediately to division offices and to plan on working through the entire weekend on the coverup.

Her partner in the bungle was ASAC Scott McCampbell. At one point the case was ready to be wrapped up with arrests and remain relatively efficient but O'Brien and McCampbell decided on their own to keep it going to "get more" against the advise of thier field employees and the walked guns numbers got out of control.

OB is terrified that her intentional concealing of her walked guns is going to do her in since she disregarded orders to report to DOJ and Congress.

Nearly the same culprits above her are on the hook for this. Chait knew about it so did Hoover and Melson. The new player is DAD East Julie Torres. She took O'Brien's old DAD job when OB went to Tampa and has given OB carte blanche to do whatever she wants with little oversight.

Reportedly the shredders are buzzing.

I said this was going to happpen back when the story broke. Sadly, I was correct. :(

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Lord! I too knew that the whistleblowers were going to catch heat. But I didn't think they would go about it like this.

So we now know what Tony Soprano is doing these days. He consulting for the BATFE!

Griffin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What implications does this have on our gun laws? This is the first I have heard about this and I would greatly appreciate a concise summary.

Chris Griffin

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The concise summary is that all the agents who ratted out BATFE for running an illegal operation designed to shore up the Obama administrations trumped up excuses for increased gun control, now sit squarely in the crosshairs of the man who directly oversaw that operation. McMahon is now the #2 guy for BATFE Internal Affairs. Who exactly do you think he'll be targeting? This is a direct message to whistleblower agents from A.D. Chait. Get your affairs in order, because your career is about to be toast.

This will not help promote internal whistleblowing in the future. Not at all :(

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The concise summary is that all the agents who ratted out BATFE for running an illegal operation designed to shore up the Obama administrations trumped up excuses for increased gun control, now sit squarely in the crosshairs of the man who directly oversaw that operation. McMahon is now the #2 guy for BATFE Internal Affairs. Who exactly do you think he'll be targeting? This is a direct message to whistleblower agents from A.D. Chait. Get your affairs in order, because your career is about to be toast.

This will not help promote internal whistleblowing in the future. Not at all :(

It also sends the message that you'll be taken care of if you tow the political line and do the wrong thing.

Sad indeed.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Republic is dead....

It has been for some time. It is just more visible now.

The really sad part is that nothing will be done, in favor of the right.

In many other countries, they'd be in the street, with signs, yelling at the government. In this country, we may rant about it on forums, but does it go much further? This is why they can do whatever they please. "We the people" have become the sloth, in that respect, myself included, as I type away.

So which is sadder? That it happened, or that we found out, and sat and watched?

My opinion, anyway. Greatest country still? Sure, I think so. Fattest, laziest people, as a whole? It's a fact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom